five.

Chapter 5: apologies

"When'd you get that jacket?" Charlie asked Sparky.

"Found it in our closet." Sparky lied as she climbed to top bunk. She sat up there and hung off the top bunk like a monkey.

"You think Connie and Guy are good for each other?" Sparky asked hanging off her bed.

"Connie is head over heals for Guy." Charlie said and Sparky scoffed and she looked at the sleeves of her jacket. They were clean, as was the whole jacket.

"Guy is in love with Connie." Sparky said and then sat up on her bunk. "They'd make a cute couple." Sparky said nodding her head. Charlie agreed with her.

"Sparky! Charlie! Someone's here to see you." They heard Casey yell from the living room. Sparky smiled and got off her bed.

"It's probably dad." Sparky said and Charlie looked down. Sparky practically ripped the door open and she ran into the living room. When she got in there there was no dad.

"Oh, it's you." Sparky said and Gordon nodded his head.

"Good to see you to, Sparky." Gordon said and then Charlie walked in. His expression went down when he saw Gordon.

"How're you to doin'?" Gordon asked and Sparky looked at her mom.

"We've been fine." Sparky said. The conversation was very awkward.

"I was just walkin' around and thinkin' and, uh..." Gordon trailed off and then he looked at Casey. "Wanna give us a minute?" Gordon asked her and she walked into the kitchen. "Thank you." Gordon said and Casey nodded her head.

"Sparky don't be a smart ass." Casey reminded and Sparky rolled her eyes.

"I'm never a smart a." Sparky said and Gordon smirked. Sparky sat on the couch next to Charlie and put her legs on the coffee table.

"Listen, it was very wrong of me to ask you two and the other guys to cheat. I never should've said what I said to you. I was angry. I was frustrated. And Charlie, it took a lot of guts for you to do what you knew was right. I admire that in you two. Even in Sparky's way of doing it." Gordon said making the two chuckle a bit. "And, uh, I just wanted to tell you that, uh, that I'm...Oh, boy, this is difficult." Gordon said and Sparky raised her eyebrows.

"You're what?" Sparky asked knowing he was going to apologize. She had a goofy grin on her face and Gordon sighed.

"You're sorry." Casey said hiding behind a wall from the living room.

"I'm sorry." Gordon said sincerely to the two kids. He looked to the living room and repeated it again. "I'm sorry, alright?" Gordon asked Casey. "Tell your mom that hopefully it'll be a lot more fun this time around. What do you say?" Gordon asked and Charlie looked at Sparky who was drumming her hands on her lap.

"I'm cool with it." Sparky said and Gordon slightly smiled at her way of answering.

"Do you wanna stay for dinner?" Charlie asked and Gordon's smile went down and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"What?" Gordon asked and Sparky smiled in agreement.

"We're having-" Sparky started but got cut off by her mother.

"Charlie! Sparky!" Casey exclaimed and Sparky turned around.

"I didn't do anything this time!" Sparky exclaimed putting her hands up in defense. Casey looked at the twins as if they had three heads.

"Uh, no, I...I can't. Uh..." Gordon stuttered and Sparky looked at him. Casey nodded her head and the twins looked at him with almost pleading looks. "Well, what are you havin'?" Gordon asked and Casey sighed with a smile on her face. She had no clue what to say.

Sparky stood up and walked to the kitchen.
"Mac n Cheese." Sparky said on the way and Charlie followed in after her.

"No you're having mac n cheese because you're to picky to eat anything else." Charlie said as Sparky sat down at the table. She looked at Charlie and then leaned into her chair.

Casey placed dinner down at the table, and then a plate of mac and cheese in front of Sparky. "Thanks mom." Sparky said as Gordon sat next to Sparky.

"Picky eater?" Gordon asked and Casey nodded her head.

"Possibly the pickiest." Casey said.

"Am not!" Sparky said in defense and Charlie laughed.

"Are to." Charlie said and Casey sighed and sat down at the table.

"Am not."

"Are to."

"Am to." Sparky tricked making Charlie fall for it.

"Are not." Charlie said and then Sparky smiled.

"Thanks, Charlie." Sparky said grabbing her fork. Charlie sat back in his seat knowing he got defeated, again.