thirty.

chapter 30: The Ducks vs Iceland

"Did you guys enjoy that?" Gordon asked walking into the locker room. Team USA cheered and Gordon sighed. "So did they, because they're still three points up and we're one period away from defeat." Gordon said. Everyone sat down by their lockers knowing they'd be getting a stern talking to.

"If we can't beat them, we might as well keep our pride." Jesse said. Team USA agreed with them.

"Jesse, that's not pride. Sure, when Dwayne roped that big oaf, part of me cheered. But guys, I've been there. I know how you feel. I wanted to cream that jerk that busted my knee when I played in the minors. I bed Sparky wants to cream the guy that hit her on the wrist. And I really, really wanted to go after Stansson for that cheap shot. But you know what? My knee will heal. And if I become someone I'm not, if I sink to their level, well, then, I lost more than my knee. You understand?" Gordon asked the team as he paced around the locker room. They all agreed with him.

"We're not goons. We're not bullies. No matter what people say or do, we have to be ourselves." Gordon said. He pointed at Dean and Dean looked confused.

"You. Who are you?" Gordon asked him.

"Dean Portman."

"From where?"

"Chicago, Illinois."

Gordon pointed to Guy.

"Guy Germaine."

"From where?"

"From Dt. Paul Minnesota."

Gordon then pointed at Jesse.

"Jesse Hall from Minneapolis, Minnesota."

Gordon pointed to Julie, and it became a cycle. Gordon would point to someone, and they'd say who they were.

"Julie Gaffneu from Bangor, Maine."

"Luis Mendoza. Miami, Florida."

"Greg Goldberg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania."

"Les Averman. Brooklyn Park, Minnesota."

"Fulton Reed. Still water, Minnesota."

"That's right!" Dean said, hitting Fulton on the chest protector.

"Russ Tyler. South Central Lod Angeles."

"Charlie Conway. Minneapolis, Minnesota."

"Ken Wu. San Francisco, California."

"Connie Moreau. Minneapolis, Minnesota."

"Adam Banks. Edina, Minnesota."

"Sparky Conway. Minneapolis, Minnesota."

"Dwayne Robertson. Austin, Texas."

"Michelle Mackay. Duluth, Minnesota."

"And I'm Gordon Bombay. Minneapolis, Minnesota." Gordon said. Everybody cheered for him and for each other. "We're team USA, gathered from all across America. And we're gonna stick together. You know why?" Gordon asked.