forty-five.

Chapter 45: jealousy

Sparky was eating breakfast at the kitchen table. Her head was on her hand as she ate her cereal. Casey was now watching her like a Hawk as she ate her food.

"Mom." Sparky complained as she swallowed. She took a sip of her juice as Casey decided to look away.

The apartment door opened as Sparky finished her meal. She walked over to the sink and put her bowl into it. Casey smiled to herself seeing that she knew Sparky ate a real meal.

The fifteen year old looked into the doorway to see Charlie and Gordon walking in. Sparky was leaning on the counter as the two walked in.

"Sparky home?" Charlie asked. Sparky looked over.

"She's present." Sparky said, Gordon smiled a bit as Sparky stood there.

Charlie walked over and wrapped her into a hug. Sparky confusedly hugged back. She knew Gordon just knocked some sense into him. "I'm sorry, Sparky." Charlie said. Sparky grinned at the apology.

"It's ok. I'm sorry to." Sparky said. Charlie looked at his twin with a tight lipped grin on his face.

"I love you." Charlie said, Sparky smiled as she looked up at her brother.

"I love you more." Sparky said. Charlie squeezed her in a hug again and sighed.

"Never."

"Alright, twins. We have places to be." Gordon said and the two looked at Sparky.  Sparky smiled and the three walked out of the apartment.

Casey shook her head as the group walked out. She knew she could count on someone to knock sense into her twins. That man was Gordon Bombay.

The group had walked over to where the Ducks went to elementary school. Since it was a Saturday, and the Ducks always went there. Ever since District 5 they always had practice, no matter where it was.

"There they are. Same old Ducks." Gordon said to the twins. Sparky smiled as she watched them all play.

"Conways! About time you showed up!" Russ exclaimed. The two walked into the school yard. They put in their gear, and got to playing.

Sparky hadn't been to the school yard in a long time. So being back there was a lot. Not because of the team, but because of Adam.

Yeah, she played Varsity hockey with him, but they didn't play at the same time. They didn't have to communicate. But now that Sparky was back, these two were always on the same team.

"Banks." Sparky said passing the ball to Adam. Adam looked down, not getting his usual cringey nickname from her. He received the puck and shot.

The Ducks cheered again as Sparky skated with everyone. Sparky didn't even look at Adam as they all cheered.

Adam looked down as he slowly skated away. The worst thing he ever did was to Sparky. He cheated on her and broke her heart.

By the end of their little practice, everyone was around each other. Well, after they put Gordon in a garbage can.

"Ducks, I could never be more proud of all of you. I know a lot has gone on ever since I've been gone, but I must say, I am proud." Gordon said to all of them. Everyone hugged him. They started to quack together as they cheered.

-

Sparky was on the bus to the Varsity game. She was next to Rick, who insisted on sitting next to her. He only did it because Adam was behind the two.

Sparky was doing homework, as was most of the team. It was something in English class. "Is that English 1?" Rick asked her. Sparky nodded her head. "What color dress are you wearing to the dance?" Rick asked. Adam furrowed his eyebrows. Why would he want to know.

Rick looked back at Adam who was confused. "I need to know what color tie to get." Rick said obviously wanting Adam to hear it. Adam looked down as Sparky clicked her pen and looked up from her homework.

"Blue." Sparky told him, Rick nodded his head.

"What shade of blue?" Rick asked her, Sparky looked out the window and then back at Rick.

"Royal blue." Sparky answered him. Rick looked back at Adam who was looking down.

"Banksie, who are you going with?" Rick asked him. Adam didn't even want to answer that question. He was going with Carly Lottner.

"Carly Lottner." Adam said disappointed in himself. He felt like an idiot, he knew he was an idiot. Sparky looked at him. Sparky scoffed as she shoot her head. She stared at Adam with a betrayed expression on her face.

"How do you go from Caroline to a girl like Carly?" Rick asked as Sparky turned and leaned her head on the window. All she wanted to do was just breakdown, but she didn't. Adam shrugged his shoulders. "What a shame, Banksie." Rick said turning to face forward.

"So, blue tie?" Rick asked Sparky. She nodded her head.

-

Sparky sat in the locker room as she laced up her skates with her now red shoe laces. Next to her was Adam, and he was lacing up his skates to.

"Can I talk to you?" Adam asked as he looked over at her. She shrugged her shoulders.

"What." She said looking at him. Adam pursed his lips as he looked down.

"Are you going with Riley just to spite me?" Adam asked her and Sparky scoffed as she shook her head.

"I'm not doing this." She said and as she stood up.

"He's a senior, Sparky. It's weird." Adam said taking her forearm as he stood up. Sparky took her arm away from him as she shook her head.

"You're so unbelievably stupid, Adam." Sparky said as she shook her head as her eyes filled with tears. She blinked them away and walked off with the rest of the team.

During the game Sparky was skating down the ice. She had deked the goalie and scored on him. She cheered with her arms up with the rest of the Varsity.

Sparky skated down the ice, she felt two hands push her forward. She'd feel forward and tried to catch herself. She went down in her wrist, and then she felt that pain again.
"Shit." She muttered as Adam and Rick pushed the player around.

Sparky cradled her wrist in her hand as Orion ran out onto the ice. He helped her up.

"You ok?" He asked, Sparky nodded her head. He looked at Wilson as he picked up Sparky's stick.

"Wilson, take her out." Orion said. Sparky shook her head.

"No, I'm fine." Sparky said as Wilson put a sub in for her. Sparky sighed as she skated onto the bench.

Orion sat next to her as she took off her glove. Her wrist was already swollen. "I'm fine, coach." Sparky said as Orion looked at her wrist.

"After injuries your supposed to tape it." Orion said he looked at it. Sparky held back her yelp as he held it.

"Well, I forgot." Sparky said. Orion shook his head and let go of her wrist.

"There goes the rest of your season then, Conway." Orion said. Sparky shook her head as he spoke to her.

"I'm fine, coach." Sparky lied to him.

Another coach heard that before.

A/N:

i just spent an hour watching zendaya coleman edits before this. decided to post 2 in a day bc i love you guys