twenty-three.

chapter twenty three: beach days

After Team USA's big win over Italy, both Adam and Sparky went to the beach together. Sparky carried the towels as the two talked. "Charlie was pissed at us two this morning." Adam said laughing. Sparky nodded her head with wide eyes.

"I know, he was so overdramatic." Sparky said as Adam grabbed her hand.

"If I had a younger twin sister, I'd be protective of her to." Adam said. Sparky rolled her eyes and smiled.

"I'm younger than him by an hour." Sparky said with a fake gasp. "Know what that means?" Sparky asked poking Adams shoulder. She placed the towels on the ground and faced Adam. "Just because I'm younger than him, means he chooses who I date." Sparky said with a fake gasp. Adam laughed and kissed her cheek.

"He loved you." Adam said.

"A little to much." Sparky said. She took off her tank top to reveal a bikini top. Adam went wide eyed as she looked down to take her shorts off. Adam stared at her as she took her hair out of its ponytail.

"What?" Sparky asked him and he shrugged.

"You just look...gorgeous." Adam said. Sparky smiled and Adam smiled. He took off his shirt and Sparky looked at the ocean. The waves crashed in and she found it almost calming.

Soon enough she felt herself being lifted up off the ground. Adam had picked her up bridal style. He ran out to the ocean as Sparky laughed. "I'm gonna toss you in." Adam said and Sparky shook her head as she laughed.

"If you do I'll kill you." Sparky said, Adam sighed and shrugged his shoulders.

"I guess I'll be a dead man walking." Adam said and dropped her into a crashing wave. Sparky yelled out and then got up. She tackled Adam and he fell back into the ocean. She chuckled and he held her hand. The two ran out into the ocean and swam together.

"I'm so happy I kissed you on that camera." Adam said as Sparky put a hand through her hair.

"Both were in front of a whole hockey arena." Sparky said laughing. Adam smiled and they made sure not to get hit by any waves.

After awhile the two swam back to shore. Sparky laid on her stomach next to Adam and out her head on her arms. She looked at Adam and he smiled at her. "What's the UV?" Sparky asked. Adam shrugged his shoulders.

"7." Adam answered her. Sparky smiled. It was nice that he checked just for her. She smiled at him.

"I will be having a nice tan." Sparky said. Adam smiled at her and Sparky looked at the birds flying by.

"What do you think everyone else is doing?" Sparky asked him. Adam shrugged his shoulders when she asked.

"Not having a good time like us." He said making Sparky laugh.

"Definitely not." Sparky said.

When the son went down the two were sitting next to each other. They were holding hands as they watch the sunset. Sparky had her head rested on Adam's shoulder.

Adam looked down at his girlfriend. "My mom used to take me and my brother to watch these every time we went on a vacation." Sparky told Adam. Adam nodded his head and looked down at the sand. "I used to think it was boring, but when I started to grow up I learned to appreciate it." Sparky said. Adam looked at his girlfriend as she sat mesmerized by the sun.

"Wanna get ice cream?" Adam asked Soakry looked at him with a smile.

"Of course." Sparky said. Adam stood up and then helped his girlfriend up. They grabbed their towels and put their shoes and clothes on. The two walked off the beach and to a nearby boardwalk to get ice cream.

"What are you gonna get?" Sparky asked Adam.

"Vanilla." Adam said. Sparky laughed at his plain flavor.

"That's plain." Sparky said putting her hands in her jean shorts pockets.

"I get sprinkles." Adam said. Sparky smiled as they waited in line. "How about you, what do you get?" Adam asked. Sparky smiled at him.

"Birthday cake." Sparky said. Adam raised his eyebrows at her response.

"That's wild." He said, Sparky shook her head. She smiled as she looked up at him.

"You're wild." Sparky said. She got on her tip toes and Adam leaned in.

"Nope!" Someone exclaimed walking by. Sparky recognized that someone to be Gordon. She rolled her eyes and got flat on her feet.

"Why?" Sparky whined and Gordon looked back at the two.

"Adam, maintain more distance! And to answer your question it's because I said!" Gordon exclaimed. The two noticed he was with a blonde girl, but they didn't know who it was. They shrugged it off and looked at each other again.

"My dad used to be like that." Sparky turned around to see an older woman and her husband. They were holding hands, and they had two little kids with them. Sparky laughed as she shook her head.

"Oh, no he's not my dad." Sparky said. The lady chuckled and looked down at the kid in front of her.

"What will you say next, that blondie isn't your boyfriend?" The woman's husband asked. Sparky smiled and looked down. Adam put an arm around her. He put his hand in her back pocket to rest there. (if you ever saw 16 candles it's that)

"What're you doing tomorrow?" Adam asked Sparky. She shrugged her shoulders.

"Preparing myself for Iceland, I gotta be aggressive." Sparky said and Adam laughed.

"If you use your hockey skills instead of your mouth, you'll be good." Adam joked with her. Sparky playfully hit his stomach.

"Shut it, Banksie."

"Alright, princess."

The two were up next, and the two ordered. "Thank you." The two said then they paid and left. They walked down the boardwalk with Adam's hand in her back pocket still.

"I wish I could live in California. Minnesota is to cold." Sparky said. Adam nodded his head with a laugh.

"You look good when you have a tan." Adam said. Sparky looked up at him.

"So I don't always look good?" Sparky teased him. He laughed as the two walked down the boardwalk.

"You always look pretty." Adam said making Sparky smile.

"I called it!" Someone exclaimed. The couple turned around to see Fulton and Dean.

"Don't tell me you placed a bet to, Fulton." Sparky said, Adam looked down at her confused.

"Your brother owes me a twenty." Fulton said with a smile. Sparky rolled her eyes as she shook her head.

"What?" Adam asked. Sparky shook her head with a sigh.

"I'll tell you later." Sparky told her boyfriend.

"Did ya see coach and the Iceland chick?" Dean asked them. Sparky furrowed her eyebrows about that. That was who Gordon was with?

"Well we saw coach, but we didn't know who he was with." Adam said. Sparky looked at her light blue converse and tapped her foot.

"It's probably not even a big deal." Sparky said. "I mean, I don't know what they're doing together, but it's probably nothing about us." Sparky told them. Everyone shrugged their shoulders.

"We'll see you later." Adam said. The two turned with worried faces.

"So about that bet..."