thirty-four.

chapter 34: Just another varsity preppy

"Hans!" Sparky exclaimed running into Han's shop. She had an everlasting smile on her face as she did so.

"Yes, Sparky?" Hans asked as he walked away from the skate he was sharpening.

"I made Varsity!" She exclaimed. Hans smiled and gave her a hug. All she wanted at the moment was Gordon to be right there. As much as she hated it in the moment, she would give a lot for him to ruffle her hair and congratulate her.

"I saw it coming, Sparky." Hans said to her. She smiled and looked down. "Gordon would be proud of you if he were here now." Hans told her. Sparky nodded her head and took a deep breath. The two broke from the hug and there was a short silence.

"Can I borrow your house phone?" Sparky asked Hans.

"If you can find out how to use it." Hans said. Sparky walked into the other room and over to his phone. She dialed Gordon's phone number and called him.

The phone rung for a bit, until there was answer. "Junior Goodwill games, this is Janet speaking, how can I assist you?" The lady who Sparky assumed to be the secretary said into the phone.

"Hi, can I speak to Gordon Bombay please?" Sparky asked as she tapped her foot. She heard Charlie walk in and he was complaining about Orion to Hans.

"He's busy at the moment, would you like to leave a message?" She asked Sparky. Sparky shook her head no.

"No, can you just tell him it's Sparky? He'll answer." Sparky said to the lady.

"I told you he's not taking any phone calls." Janet said. Sparky rolled her eyes.

"Tell him to call back." Sparky said then hung up. She leaned her head on the wall and looked at the floor. She waited a couple minutes, but there wasn't a call.

"Sparky, moms here!" Charlie said walking in. Sparky nodded her head and pushed herself all the wall.

As Sparky walked out the phone started to ring. Sparky ran back in and answered. "Hello?" Sparky asked, hoping to hear her coach on the other end. Her hopes were fulfilled when she heard the other end.

"Sorry, Spark. I just got back from a conference." Gordon apologized. Sparky shook her head as she smiled.

"No problem, coach. I've got good news." Sparky said.

"What?" Gordon asked. Sparky smiled and looked at Charlie who was rolling his eyes.

"I'm on Varsity!" She said. Gordon smiled on the other end.

"I'm proud of you, kid." Gordon said, making Sparky smile to herself. She looked at the ground.

"Thanks." Sparky said. Everyone heard the car honking. "Hey, I'll talk to you soon, coach." Sparky said.

"Talk to ya soon." Gordon said. Sparky hung up and grabbed her backpack.

"Bye, Hans!" Sparky said as she left the shop. Sparky saw her mother smiling as Sparky walked over to the car.
Sparky hopped into the backseat and smiled.

"My baby is on varsity." Casey said. Charlie rolled his eyes at the mention of her spot again.

"We get it, she's on Varsity." Charlie said. Sparky buckled her seatbelt and sat back in her seat.

"Charlie, when you achieve things we celebrate you." Casey told her son. Charlie shook his head looking down.

"I've achieved one thing, mom." Charlie said. Sparky looked out the window. "But when Sparky achieves something the whole world knows. She was named MVP of the Goodwill games, she had the game winning shot at the Goodwill games, she carried D-5 in Pee-Wee's, she's a Varsity player as a freshman, colleges are looking at her. I mean cut me a break!" Charlie said. Sparky shook her head. She gave her blood sweat and tears into hockey, and he just can't help but bring her down.

"Charlie, it's not that big of a deal."

"Sparky, just shut up. Now that you're a preppy Varsity player I'll be put in your shadow more." Charlie said. Sparky scoffed as she shook her head.

"You're unbelievable, you know that, Charlie? Just be happy for me, alright? It's not that fuckin' hard." Sparky told him. Charlie rolled his eyes once again.

"Kind of hard to be when I always have to be happy for you!"

"Both of you, shut up!" Casey yelled at them. She could really use Gordon to talk to them right now.

"Kinda hard to do that when Charlie keeps complaining." Sparky said. Charlie turned to his sister.

"You know what, fuck you!" Charlie exclaimed at her.

"Charlie!"

"You're an asshole!"

"You only got pulled up because Orion didn't want to deal with your shitty attitude." Charlie said. Casey turned to her son with a stern look.

"Charlie she deserves it and you know it, don't say that." Casey said as Sparky shook her head.

"Charlie's just being an ass because he got captain taken away from him." Sparky said. Charlie rolled his eyes.

"Sparky, do not start." Casey said. Sparky shook her head and Charlie gave her a death stare.

"At least I was named the actual captain."

"He started it though!" Sparky exclaimed. Casey sighed and kept driving.

"You're both wrong, okay? Now hug it out and forgive each other." Casey said. Sparky crossed her arms and Charlie looked out the window.  "Fine then." Casey said frustrated.

A/N:

DRAMA PACKED MOVIE BUCKLE IN GUYS