seven.

Chapter 7: notebook switch

Sparky picked at her food in the cafeteria as her head was proped on her hand. She had just gotten a bad grade on her test and was annoyed at herself. Her brother on the other hand got a good grade and was happy-go-lucky. "Mr. Andrews just has it out for me. That's it, I know he does." Sparky said and Connie looked at her.

"Sparky, you put down that the Declaration of Independence was signed 'at the bottom'" Connie reminded and Sparky shrugged her shoulders.

"Was I wrong?" Sparky asked her and then sighed. "All I ever did was throw erasers in there, all I did was that! Now he has beef with me, he's worse then the refs!" Sparky said and Averman nodded his head.

"I agree with Sparky, he gave me a bad grade to." Averman said and Connie looked at him with a sigh.

"Averman I don't want to hear a peep out of you. The question was "What ended it 1783" and you put 1782." Connie said and Sparky nodded her head.

"He wasn't wrong." Sparky said and then sighed. "I'm just saying. He has it out for us, Averman." Sparky said nodding her head. Averman agreed with her.

After lunch Sparky walked to her locker and grabbed her books for her next class. She walked to class and on the way accidentally bumped into something. Or someone.

"Crap, sorry." The person said kneeling down. Sparky knelt down at the same time and started to pick up her book.

"No, my fault." Sparky said and then looked up. Her face was inches away from Adam Banks.

"Your fault you weren't looking." Adam said as Sparky grabbed her books as Adam stood up.

"No, it's your fault. You didn't look either." Sparky said as the two grabbed their stuff.

"Yeah, whatever, princess." Adam said making Sparky roll her eyes at the nickname. She walked inside class to find that Guy had taken her seat next to Connie. "Guy Germaine, you suck." Sparky muttered and then looked to find an empty seat. When she found one, she sat down and took out her notebook. Turns out it wasn't her notebook. It was Adam's.

She knew it wasn't hers because #1 her handwriting was not that neat. And #2 the notebook was literally labeled as Adam's.

Adam walked in a moment later and went to Sparky's desk. "You have my notebook." Adam said and Sparky handed it to him.

"And you have mine." Sparky said as Adam gave Sparky her notebook.

"Alright, class take your seats." Mr. Cullen said and Adam looked around for a seat. There wasn't any open, but the one next to Sparky. He sighed and sat down with an annoyed look on his face.

"Your elbows on my desk." Sparky said and Adam took a deep breath knowing Sparky was going to do everything in her power to annoy him. Adam moved his elbow and Sparky opened her textbook.

"By the way I hated that jacket, that's why I gave it to you." Adam said and Sparky raised her eyebrows.

"I thought you didn't want me to freeze to death." Sparky said with a smile on her face. Adam sighed and looked at the front.

"Just shut it, Sparky."

"Adam, Sparky quit the chatter and open your text books to page 138." Mr. Cullen said and Sparky nodded her head.

"Sorry, Mr. Cullen. Banksie here won't stop talking to me." Sparky said as she grabbed her textbook. Charlie looked at his younger sister with a raised eyebrow.

"Don't call me that." Adam said and Sparky sighed and Mr. Cullen looked at them.

"See what I mean?" Sparky asked and Mr. Cullen sighed.

"Read the book." Mr. Cullen said and Sparky started to fake read the book as if she knew what was happening in it. Adam on the other hand was taking notes on it. She drummed her pencil on the desk and Adam looked at her.

"Quit it." He said grabbing her pencil. She snatched it back and put her head on her desk.

"Jerk." Sparky muttered and Adam looked at her.

"Idiot." Adam shot back in a whisper.

"Annoying."

"Stupid."

"Butthead." Sparky finished and Adam furrowed his eyebrows at her shot at him. 

"Butthead, what are we in, Kindergarten?" Adam asked her and Sparky pointed at him with her pencil.

"You act like it." Sparky said and Mr. Cullen looked at the two.

"Quit bickering, you two or I'll send you down to the office." Mr. Cullen said and Sparky sighted and looked away from Adam.

After class Sparky went up to Guy. "Why'd you take my seat?" Sparky asked and Guy shrugged his shoulders.

"I really, really like Connie! I just need the seat for a little while." Guy said and Sparky shook her head no.

"That is my unassigned assigned seat. You can't just take it!" Sparky exclaimed as the pair walked down the hallway.

"Okay, I'm sorry!"

"You should be, I had to sit with Adam for 45 minutes!" Sparky exclaimed and Adam came up next to her.

"I'm not that bad." Adam said and Sparky scoffed.

"You're right, your horrible." Sparky said and Guy sped up his pace.

"You're overdramatic." Adam said and Sparky held her books to her chest.

"Whatever, rich boy." Sparky said and Adam shook his head.

"Quit it with the nicknames." Adam said and Sparky shook her head.

"You can't call me princess then." Sparky said and Adam shook his head at her.

"If the shoe fits wear it." Adam said and Sparky shook her head.

"You're possibly the most annoying person I know." Sparky said to him and Adam nodded his head and looked forward.

"Trust me, princess. The feeling is mutual." Adam said and Sparky took a deep breath and kept walking away from him.

"Quit calling me that! It's Sparky, not your stupid, idiotic nickname that doesn't make sense!" Sparky exclaimed and Adam laughed.

"It sure makes sense!"