seventeen.

Chapter 17: Dance

Chapter 17: Dance

"Well, Miss. Sparky don't you look beautiful?"

"Thanks." Sparky said with a smile.

Sparky decided she would go to that father daughter dance. Instead of with her dad, she'd go with Gordon. Gordon said he'd go, just to make her feel good about herself.

The 13 year old was wearing new white converse sneaker with a light pink dress. There will little flowers on it. She straightened her hair and left it down unlike when it's usual braids or ponytail.

Gordon was dressed up to. He had a suit and tie on. "You don't look half bad." Sparky joked making Gordon laugh. He pulled out a box and opened it.

"What's that?" Sparky asked him as Casey walked in. There was a corsage, or in Sparky's eyes a flower.

"This is what you call a corsage, and people wear them to dances." Gordon said taking it out. Casey smiled and took a picture as he put it on her. She smiled and looked up at Gordon.

"Let's get goin, huh kid?" Gordon asked grabbing her hand.

"Not so fast, I need one picture." Casey said. Gordon smiled and Sparky frowned at the sound of a picture. She sighed and stood next to Gordon. He put an arm around her and smiled. Sparky smiled and Casey snapped a picture.

"You look very pretty, Sparky." Casey said hugging her daughter. She kissed the top of her head as Sparky smiled. "Be good, okay?" Casey asked and looked up at Gordon. She smiled and Sparky stopped hugging her.

"You look very handsome." Casey said as she fixed his tie. Casey leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. Sparky sighed as she walked up to Gordon.

"Time to go." Sparky said taking him by the hand.

"Sparky, behave." Casey said as Sparky dragged Gordon out of her house.

"Will do!" Sparky exclaimed as she walked to Gordon's car. She held onto his hand and Gordon caught up to her pace.

"I gotta tell you something, kid." Gordon said opening her car door. She stepped into the car and Gordon shut the door for her. She put her seat buckle on as Gordon got in the car. He started the car and turned on the radio.

"You remember what Mike said about getting me a try out?" Gordon asked. Sparky nodded her head as he started to drive. "Well, I leave in two days."

"Holy- Wow coach! That's awesome!" Sparky exclaimed. Gordon smiled at her excitement for him and looked at the road. He turned and finally found her school.

"Alright, here we are." He said pulling in. He parked and then the two walked inside. Sparky had a smile on her face as they walked in.

A few minutes into the party, Gordon was with the dads and Sparky was with the girls at school. "So you're Caroline's dad?" Asked one of the dad's.

"Uh, no. Just here for her." Gordon said and the dad's nodded their heads.

Gordon looked away as Sparky drank her soda. He noticed that the rest of the girls were very proper. Sparky gave zero craps about what they thought. He smiled about it.

"Alright, dads! Can everyone grab their little girl and get on the dance floor!" Said someone in the microphone. All the girls walked to their dads, Sparky walked to Gordon.

"Can I have this dance, Sparky?" Gordon asked. Sparky nodded her head.

"I guess." She said making Gordon laugh. The two walked into the dance floor and Gordon sighed.

"Just so you know I don't know how to do this." Sparky admitted. Gordon grabbed one of her hands and put one hand on her shoulder.

"Neither do I." He joked. Sparky smiled as the two danced in their own little fun way.

"Hey, coach?" Sparky asked and Gordon looked down at her. "I wish you were my dad." Sparky said. Gordon smiled at what she said.

"I wish you and Charlie were my kids. You're great." Gordon said. Sparky hugged him and he was surprised for a second. He hugged her back.

Sparky and Charlie Conway were his kids, and that's the way he liked it.