twenty-six.

chapter 26: apologies

"Hey, team! Hey, team! We're gonna be great today, right?" Asked Don Tibbles as Team USA was on the bench speaking to each other. "Where's Gordon?" Don asked them.

"You tell us." Luis said to Don.

"I don't believe this." Don said shaking his head at how Gordon didn't show.

"Team USA I'm sorry. But with out a coach behind the bench, you'll forfeit the game." The ref said. Sparky looked around for Gordon and took a deep breath.

"But you can't do that." Adam said, everyone agreed with him.

"We have one! Ms. Mackay!" Charlie said. He skated over to the boards to see her walking by. They spoke to each other, and Ms. Mackay ended up coaching them. She just had them do what they normally did.

Team USA was down by 1 in the second quarter of the game. Sparky ended up tying up the game when she scored. Her wrist was throbbing as she played, even when she had wrap on it. Ms. Mackay noticed and benched her.

As Sparky sat down she heard a duck quacking. It was the end of the 3rd quarter and she furrowed her eyebrows and turned her head. The Duck call kept going and going, and Sparky knew exactly who it was. Gordon. She smiled and pointed at him.

"Look who finally shows up." Fulton said rolling his eyes. Sparky shook her head and looked at Adam. Gordon called everyone in before the 3rd quarter started. Everyone skated over to him as he spoke to them.

"Team. Guy. I was wrong. And I'm sorry. I forgot about the team and the team is all I have. All I want...is another chance. Just one more shot. I'm back. Okay? Believe me." Gordon said to them. Sparky nodded her head and smiled.

"We're tied, coach. What do we do?" Sparky asked. Gordon's smiled and looked at all of them.

"Flying V." Gordon said, nodding his head. The Flying V went on the ice and Sparky sat back. The team hugged as they made their win against Germany. Sparky hugged Adam and he smiled.

After the game against Germany, Gordon brought them over to a park to apologize.

When the team got to the park, everyone sat on a bench, well some of the team. Sparky took a seat in front of Adam. She sat in between both of his legs and laid her head on one of them.

"I've had a lot of big distractions since I've been here in LA." Gordon said as he picked up a Hendrix hockey cardboard cutout of himself. "This is a distraction." Gordon said making everyone laugh. Gordon lit a match and threw it inside a barrel. "This is a fire in a barrel." Gordon said. Sparky raised her eyebrows.

"Really?" Sparky said sarcastically.

Gordon took the cardboard cutout of himself from Jan and placed it in the barrel. "This is a distraction in a fire in a barrel. Any questions?" Gordon asked. Everybody started to applaud him with smiles on their faces.