twenty.

Chapter 20: New Team

"Tell me about my new kids."

"That's Luis Mendoza. He's from our Miami Club. A real speedster. Incredible Skater. I clocked him at 1.9 seconds, blue line to blue line." Don said as Luis skated around. He sure as hell was fast.

"Good lookin' skater." Connie said and Sparky looked over at her with a nod of her head. Adam looked at her and then down at the ice. He sighed and Sparky looked back at Luis.

"What do you think, Guy?" Averman teased.

"Shut up, Averman." Guy said shoving him down. The Ducks laughed in response.

"He has one minor problem." Don said. Everyone thought Luis was impressive, right up until he fell into the boards that is.
"Has a little trouble stopping." Don said. Everyone else agreed.

The other team helped Luis up from the ground asking if he was okay.

"I almost had it that time." Luis said making the Ducks laugh.

"Yee-haw! How is everyone! Y'all ready to play som puck?" Asked a boy with a Country accent. He took off his cowboy hat and started to handle the puck.

"Hey, look. It's hop along gretzky." Jesse said making everyone laugh.

"That's Dwayne Robertson from Austin. He's the best puck handler I've ever seen." Don admitted.

"You mean for his age." Gordon tried to correct.

"No, I don't." Don said as Dwayne said some Texas slang nobody understood. "He does have a tendency to showboat." Don said.

"There's Julie "The Cat" Gaffney. She won the State Championship for Maine three years in a row." Don said. The goalie was small, but she was sharp in the goal. Where as Goldberg took more space and was slower.

"Wee, we have a goalie. Goldberg." Gordon said looking back at Goldberg who was acting like an absolute idiot.

"Watch this." Don said as everyone shot at Julie one at a time. Every pick ricocheted off of her.

"Isn't that the olympic skater?" Gordon asked.

"Yep, Ken Wu. I told him he had a better future for hockey. I put a stick in his hand, nobody's been able to touch him." Don said

"Don't you know that everything's on fire!" A kid yelled singing as he skated inside the rink. He pushed Sparky into Adam's arms and she looked at him. She smiled as the two looked at each other's eyes. All Adam wanted to do was lean in and kiss her, but he refrained. Sparky stood up straight and looked away.

A whistle was heard and everyone turned around. "EVERYBODY FREEZE!" Gordon yelled at them. "Now, we didn't come here to fight! We came her to play hockey! We're team U.S.A you represent your country." Gordon said. Don nodded his head with Gordon.