forty-six.

Chapter 46: scholarships

"You have a distal radius fracture." The doctor told Sparky. She looked at her mom who looked down. "Four to six weeks in a cast, and possible physical therapy, depending on how you feel." The doctor told her. Sparky leaned her head on the wall behind her and sighed. The doctor walked out, and minutes later another doctor walked in.

"Do you have a preference color for the cast?" The doctor asked her. Sparky shrugged.

"Blue." She said. You could tell she was annoyed by the news. She only chose blue to match with her dress.

There was a knock on the door and the doctor turned. At the doorway was Gordon. "What's the news?" Gordon asked. Sparky looked at Casey to answer for her.

"Distal radius fracture. She's out for 4-6 weeks." Casey told her. Gordon sighed and looked down.

After Sparky had her cast on, she'd left. The girl was miserable. She didn't want her hockey season to come to an end.

She'd also found out that the Duck's scholarships were going to be taken away. All of them except for her. Apparently at the Goodwill games she was given a scholarship separate from the Ducks.

"It's rigged is what it is." Sparky said at the dinner table. She was eating, well trying to her dinner with a frown on her face. She couldn't get her right hand to hold her fork properly. "You can't just give a scholarship and take it away!" Sparky exclaimed putting her fork down.

"It's not right, but you can." Gordon told her. Sparky shook her head. She let out a sigh as she shook her head.

"Well if theirs is taken away I'm leaving with them." Sparky said before taking a sip of her water.

"Spark, don't do that." Charlie said. Sparky shook her head as she put her water down.

"If the Ducks leave, I leave." Sparky told him. Sparky shook her head.

"You've got more of an opportunity than any of us, Sparky. You have to say." Charlie told her. Sparky only shook her head again.

"Is there anything you can do, coach?" Sparky asked Gordon. Gordon nodded his head.

"I think so."

There was in fact something he could do.

-

"You leave us no choice but to bring in our attorney."

The door had opened to reveal Gordon walking inside. He had a cocky smile on his face that he usually had when he was in the court room.

"Dean Buckley, board. As counsel for Coach Orion and the freshman hockey team, I'm here today to se forth your legal options, so that you may make the best possible decision for all parties concerned." Gordon said walking up to Dean Buckley's podium in the front of the room.