nineteen.

Chapter 19: We're back!

"Hiya there, coach." Sparky greeted, waking her coach up. Gordon got alarmed and he woke up. He saw Sparky and smiled. She really grew up. Sparky was by the door and Gordon sat up. Gordon was back from his minor league tryouts. He tore his ACL and was out for the season.

"Hey, Sparky." Gordon said. Charlie looked up from the skate he was sharpening. He gave a sigh as he shook his head.

"I told you not to wake him up." Charlie said. Sparky put her arms up.

"It's 12 in the afternoon, I thought he was in a coma." Sparky said to him. Gordon laughed and nodded his head.

"Hey, Charlie." Gordon said as he pulled Sparky into a hug.

"Good to see you two." Gordon said as he went over to hug Charlie.

"Good to see you to." Charlie said as Sparky looked at her shoes. Unfortunately she had gone up two sizes over the year. So she couldn't wear her old skates.

"We missed ya, coach." Sparky said with a smile on her face.

They heard a humming and they all turned their heads. It was Jan. "For breakfast, my specialty: Jan's Hasen-"

"Hasenpfeffer and eggs." Everyone said at the same time. Over the year, Charlie and Sparky got a job at the shop.

"I thought I smelled something burning." Gordon said as Jan gave him his breakfast.

"I see you've met my new apprentices." Jan said sitting down. Sparky put her head on her hand looked at her coach.

"Jan told us you did this job when you were our age." Charlie said.

"That's right, I hope he pays you two more than he paid me." Gordon said. Sparky looked at Jan and back at Gordon.

"You got paid?" Sparky asked in shock. She looked at Jan along with Charlie.

"Eat, everybody, before the Hasenpfeffer gets cold gets cold." Jan said changing the subject. Sparky shook her head and found Gordon's cane.

"Holy shit, coach. You got old." Sparky said reaching for the cane. Gordon hit the back of her head.

"Watch your mouth, young woman." He exclaimed. Sparky hit him with the cane in the arm.

"Okay, okay." Sparky said putting the cane down.

After the twins finished work the two skated home. At times the two dreaded being home because of their step dad. He wasn't a bad guy, at the slightest. They just weren't used to him yet.

The two walked to their rooms. They stopped sharing a room after the two hit puberty. Sparky started to get moody every time it happened and the two couldn't be around each other. So Charlie moved into their junk room and he lived in there now.

"Wear the navy tank top." Sparky said into the phone. Unsurprisingly, she was on the phone with Connie. The thirteen year old girls talked everyday. Connie and Guy were dating, and unfortunately Sparky and Adam stuck to being friends. The two talked to each other when they saw each other, which was a lot because him and Charlie grew closer. Adam just couldn't figure her out. Sometimes she'd like him a lot, and others she wouldn't even notice him.

Sparky heard what sounded like a Duck and she sighed. "Connie let me call you back, I think another drug addict is outside my apartment." Sparky told her. Connie laughed and nodded.

"Bye." Connie said. Sparky walked over to her window and opened it up.

"I don't want- oh hey Coach!" Sparky exclaimed seeing Gordon. "Charlie!" Sparky yelled. Charlie walked in and stood next to her.

"Hey, you wanna play some hockey?" Gordon asked.

The twins found out that they'd be on team USA and they would be playing in the Goodwill games! They put on their roller blades and went to find their teammates.

First they got Jesse, who was playing with a schoolyard hockey team. Sparky blew into the duck call and Jesse looked at them.

"Hey, twins!" Jesse exclaimed looking at the two.

"Jesse, we're back!" Charlie exclaimed and next they went to get Averman. Averman was working at the Cinema at the movie theater. They picked him up, and then Connie and Guy. They were at a waterfall and they were about to kiss, but then Charlie decided to take the Duck call.

"The Quack Attack is back, Jack!" Averman exclaimed as Sparky took the Duck caller back.

"Come on, let's go!" Connie exclaimed as she skated to her team.

"I was this close!" Guy said to them. Connie and Sparky skated together as they went on a search for Goldberg. Turns out Goldberg didn't go back to Philly, he just worked at the restaurant his family owned.

"Goldberg!" Everyone yelled getting his attention. Half of the Ducks were there, and the next teammate to get was Adam. Sparky was dreading it, she was totally awkward around him.

"Goes between his legs, he scores!" Adam yelled and Sparky did the Duck call again. Adam looked over at them as he cheered himself for scoring a goal.

"Hey, Cake-Eater, you wanna play some real hockey?" Jesse asked putting a smile on Adam's face.

"Yeah!" Adam yelled with a voice crack. He skated out of his drive way and over to his team. They all skated to get Fulton, Charlie and Sparky explained what the Goodwill games were as they looked for Fulton.

As they skated, Averman pushed Goldberg jokingly. Goldberg then accidentally pushed Adam and Sparky to get balance and the two went tumbling down a hill. Adam landed on top of Sparky with their faces inches apart. "Hey, there." Sparky said as Adam got off of her. The two awkwardly looked away from each other.

They climbed up the hill and skated with the Ducks, who now had gotten Fulton back. "What we're you two doin?" Connie asked with a wink.

"That's gross, Connie." Adam said. Sparky nodded her head in agreement.

"Yeah."

The Ducks skated to where Gordon told them to meet him. It was outside of Mickey's Dinner. As they neared him, Sparky did the Duck call. Gordon looked over to see them all chanting "Ducks!"

They all group hugged as Gordon tried to settle them down. "Welcome back, Ducks. I really missed you guys. Are you ready to fly?" Gordon asked, making everyone cheer. They heard a horn honking and they all turned their heads to see a limo. Sparky smiled as she saw it pass by.

"At least it's not on ice this time." Sparky joked. Gordon pushed her back and everyone laughed at her joke.

"Hey, guys. I'm Don Tibbles, Hendrix Hockey apparel. We're your official sponsors. Anybody want a card?" He asked them all. They all skated up to him and he handed them out some cards.

"Ducks! No raiding the limo!"