thirty-seven.

chapter 37: Party

chapter 37: Party

"I'm not number 5 anymore, coach." Sparky told Gordon as she held the phone to her ear.

"They took your lucky number away?" Gordon asked her confusedly. Sparky simply nodded her head with a frown.

"I'm stupid number-"

"Wait let me put you on hold, kid." Gordon said. Sparky sat on the counter and let her legs hang. She waited for Gordon to come back but he never did. She sighed and put the phone into the slot.

"I'm stupid number 10." Sparky muttered as she looked down. She drummed her fingers on the counter and Casey walked in.

"You look cute." Casey said noticing her daughters outfit.

"Thanks." Sparky said looking up at her. Casey frowned as she looked at her daughter.

"You look tiny." Casey said. Sparky shrugged her shoulders as she hopped down off the counter.

"Was I fat before?" Sparky asked with a laugh. Casey slapped her daughter on her shoulder.

"Don't say that about yourself."

"Maybe because your son is getting so big." Sparky said. Charlie walked in with his hockey bag and a sigh. "Speak of the devil." Sparky said, Casey looked at her daughter disapprovingly. Sparky's shrugged her shoulders.

"My bad." She said to her. Casey looked at her son who was grabbing food from the cabinets.

"Mom, ask your daughter if she's going to the JV game." Charlie said to his mother. Casey frowned as the two refused to speak to one another. Sparky didn't answer and Casey turned to her.

"Are you going to the JV game?" Casey asked. Sparky nodded her head.

"Tell your son if he keeps acting like an asshole than i'll put peanuts in his food." Sparky said to Casey.

"I'll put shellfish in yours!" Charlie exclaimed.

"I'm leaving." Sparky said walking away.

"Good!" Charlie exclaimed. Sparky walked back in and looked at him.

"I'm only leaving so I don't have to look at you."

-

At the JV game, it was going well. In the first 30 seconds Charlie had scored. When Sparky saw her brother score and the first 30 seconds. She stood right up and started to clap. Rick pushed her down by the shoulder, giving it a tight squeeze.

"We don't cheer for the JV losers, right, sweetheart?" Rick asked Sparky. Adam looked at Rick with an annoyed expression. Rick let go of her shoulder and Sparky placed her head on her hand. Her smile went to a frown and she continued to watch the game.

The game went well and Adam and Sparky kept their reactions quiet as their best friends scored.

Sparky wished she was on the ice with her team as they had fun like usual. She was more bored than anything, but at the beginning of the 3rd quarter the JV team's lead wasn't as great.