fourteen.

Chapter 14: playoff's present

"Connie, that's not funny!" Sparky exclaimed rolling into her stomach in embarrassment. She covered her face as Connie showed her the picture.

Adam and Sparky were in the newspaper hugging each other. Sparky was embarrassed because she was hugging a boy who she liked but didn't like.

"You loveeee Adam." Connie said and Spakry threw a pillow at her head.

"No I don't!" She exclaimed as Casey walked out of the kitchen.

"Does my babygirl have a crush?" Casey asked walking over to the two girls. Sparky's face went red as Casey walked over.

"No, mom. Connie makes things up!" Sparky exclaimed as Casey sat down.

"That new boy is a cutie." Casey said as Sparky covered her face.

"He loves Sparky, Mrs. Conway." Connie told her as Sparky groaned.

"Guy likes Connie." Sparky said. Casey tilted her head and laughed.

"We all know that, Sparky. The adults have a bet-"

"huh?" The two girls asked. Casey shook her head and stood up.

"Nothing, girls. Good night." Casey said kissing the girl's foreheads.

"No, mom!" Sparky exclaimed as Casey ran upstairs.

"What do you wanna watch?" Sparky asked and Casey smiled.

"Karate Kid is on." Connie said. "You know what that means." Connie said. The two smiled at the thought of Johnny Lawrence. They sure had a thing for blondes.

-

"Wow, coach. When you said you had a surprise I wasn't thinking a North Star's game." Sparky said as they walked into the North Star's arena. Everyone commented with excitement as they walked in.

The North Star's team walked to the locker tom passing the Ducks. Everybody had an excited look on their face as they walked by. "Hey, Gordo! Gordon Bombay, right?" Mike Madano said going up to Gordon. Sparky's jaw dropped when she saw her coach talking to Mike Madano.

"You remember me?" Gordon asked as the two shoook hands.

"Sure, from Pee Wees. This guy used to rule in Pee Wees." Mike told his teammates, Basil Mcrae.

"I heard you were a farmer." Basil said. Sparky chuckled and looked at Connie.

"I actually became a lawyer. But I'm coaching Pee Wee now and this is my team, the Ducks. Ducks, this is Basil McRae and Mike Madano." Gordon said. Everyone replied sarcastically as if they had no idea who they were! The Ducks looked up to these guys, how could they not know who they were?

"All right, All right."

"Hey, Ducks! Listen to this guy. He knows what he's talking about." Mike said to the Ducks. "If you ever want a shot, let me know. I'll get you a tryout in the minor-league clubs." Mike said. Sparky looked at Adam and the two looked absolutely star struck.