thirty-five.

Chapter 35: dinner arguments

"So did you guys like Eden Hall?" Their step dad, Josh asked the two teenagers. Sparky looked up and nodded. Charlie stayed quiet.

"It was nice." Sparky said putting a piece of food in her mouth.

"She only likes it because she's a preppy now." Charlie said. Sparky scoffed shaking her head.

"Charlie." Casey said in a warning voice. Sparky raised her eyebrows and looked at her brother.

"Hey, Josh?" Sparky asked. Josh looked at his stepdaughter and hummed. "Did you have an older brother who can't get his head out of his ass?" Sparky asked. Casey looked at her daughter with a scoff.

"Let it go." Casey said to Sparky.

"It was a question."

"Your such a dick." Charlie muttered. Sparky put her head on her hand and picked at her food. There was a long silence.

"Anyone heard from Gordon?" Casey asked. Charlie rolled his eyes at the name. Sparky nodded her head.

"Yeah. I was telling him about what happened today." Sparky said. Charlie grabbed his water with a sigh.

"What happened today?" Josh asked her. Sparky smiled and looked up from her plate.

"I made the Varsity team." Sparky told him. He smiled as Sparky took a bite of her food.

"That's great, congratulations." Josh said to her. Sparky scratched her forehead. She gave a tight lipped smile and took a sip of water.

"She only called Bombay because she can't just stay away from him because she has attachment issues to every single damn person she meets." Charlie said. Sparky dropped her fork on the table. Casey slowly looked at her son. Josh tapped his foot and sighed.

Sparky looked at her brother as tears pricked at her eyes. She quickly wiped them away and looked at her mother. "Can I be excused?" Sparky asked her mother. Casey nodded her head.

Soon enough Charlie realized what he said and he gave a sincere look and shook his head. "Sparky-"

"Leave her alone for a bit." Casey said. Charlie looked down at his plate as his sister walked into her bedroom with tear stricken eyes.

Sparky walked into her room and slammed her door. Sparky sat on her bed as she wiped her tears away. She brought her knees to her chest. She sniffled and leaned her head on the window next to her bed. She grabbed her walkman and put it on.

She sat in her bedroom with dead silence, you could hear her music blasting from outside her headphone. Nothing was heard, well maybe except Josh trying to make small talk with everyone at the table.

Sparky felt something hit her window. She turned her head to see Adam standing at the other side on the ground with a smile on his face. Sparky opened her window and stared down at him.

Sparky laughed and wiped her tears away. "Hang out with me, princess!" Adam yelled up to her. Sparky smiled and put her head on her hand.

"I would love to, Banksie." Sparky said loud enough for him to hear. "I'll be out in a few." Sparky said. She closed her window and walked to closet. She put on shoes and a sweatshirt.

She walked out of her room and back downstairs. Charlie looked at her thinking she was coming back to eat. Instead she had turned towards the door to leave. "Where are you going?" Casey asked as Sparky grabbed her house keys. Sparky turned with a smile. Her eyes were red and puffy.

"A walk." Sparky said. She walked out and down the hallway. She walked down the steps and then outside.

When she got outside she went up to Adam. She gave him a kiss on the cheek as he wrapped his arms around her. "Why are you crying?" Adam asked her. Sparky shrugged and wiped her eyes.

"Charlie is just a jerk." She said. Adam nodded his head as the two walked down the sidewalk. Adam didn't know what to say, so he just took her by the hand. He brought their clasped hands to his lips and kissed them.

"You look pretty." Adam said. Sparky furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at her outfit. She was wearing sweatpants and a hoodie. Her hair was still wet from her shower as well.

"I look horrible." Sparky told him. He sighed as he shook his head. He smiled as he looked at her.

"You could never look horrible." He said. Sparky blushed and kept walking. "You're so beautiful." Adam told her. Sparky chuckled and looked up at him.

"Mhm." Sparky hummed. Adam stopped walking and grabbed her other hand. He looked down at her as she looked up at him.

"Really, you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." Adam said. Sparky looked up at him with a smile.

"You're very handsome." Sparky complimented him. Adam smiled. He leaned down and planted a kiss on her cheek. "Especially since you switched to a middle part." Sparky said to him he blushed as she fixed his hair a bit. He laughed and picked her up.

"Put me down!" Sparky exclaimed as she put her arms around his neck. He had only smiled as he twirled around with her. He placed her in the ground and she smiled.

"Thank you, Banksie." Sparky said ti him with a smile on her face. Adam curiously looked at her. Why was she thanking him?

"For what?" Adam asked. She put his hands in hers as they started to walk again.

"Cheering me up."

a/n:

lol just a few chapters b4 putting her thru hell again✌️✌️✌️