Long Lost Son | POPGOES

There was a knock at the door, Sara got up to answer it. She was wearing nothing but Pjamas and a bath robe.

She opened the door slightly, expecting to see either Popgoes or her sister Saffron, they paid her daily visits ever since the pizzeria went bankrupt and closed down.

She looked around, not seeing anyone she shut the door. There was another knock at the door, she opened it annoyed, "Get out of here you-." She noticed the teenaged male.

"Hi..." She said, she gasped lightly.

He waved back, "Hello. Are you, Sara Squirrel?"

Sara shifted her face with confusion and concern, "Yes...I am...?"

"Oh well, you're my mother!" The teen said.

"Mother?" Sara laughed, "I've never had any kids! How could you possibly be-."

"October 19th, 16 years ago. 9:54pm."

Sara paused, "How do you-."

The child stepped into the room. Sara locked the door behind them. She turned around, staring angrily at the child.

"How do you know about October 19th?"

"Because 16 years ago, I came out of you. I remember your face, you were in so much pain. I remember crying in your arms as you tried to soothe me but it wasn't working. So, the nurses took me from you and carried me away. Then, I remember being in that room where they hold newborn babies and hearing you talk with a group of nuns. They said they were gonna give me to a married couple who couldn't have kids. So you...threw me away....Why?" He asked.

Sara waved her hands in defense, "N-No! It's not like that! I was only 16, scared, I didn't know what to do...I couldn't just bring a baby home! I was in the 10th grade! Plus, I had work at the pizzeria! Even though it was a summer job..." She mumbled that last part.

"Are you named Jesse? That's the name I had picked out and wanted to give you. I remember seeing you asleep, so calm and so peaceful. You had my nose, and you still do!" She giggled. "I fell asleep—well, passed out from the exhaustion thin and blood loss. When I woke up, the nurse told me they gave you away and that it was 'the right thing to do' and how they were keeping me extra days for my body to heal. I cried, I felt miserable. I felt empty inside, I guess that's what's called 'PostPartum Depression'..?"

'Jesse' shrugged. "Wait, so what job do you work now? Did you still work at the pizzeria?"

"I did, but only for another summer or two. They went bankrupt so we had no choice but to close down! Popgoes still helped me with my college degree and now I'm a scientist at NASA! My dream was always to become a scientist, I didn't care what field it was."

"Did you...even want me?" Jesse asked.

"Of course I did! I just...I was 16! The night you were convinced...it was...it was a party! A party for new years and your 'sperm donor' noticed me sitting alone uncomfortable.

He came to talk to me, when he noticed we were all alone and no one would come and check on us since we were all having a good time he brung me into a room.

Locking the door, forcing himself onto me. There was blood, a lot of blood. I cried when it was over, I cried when it was happening. I wasn't able to eat sleep or walk around peacefully for about a week.

Then it happened, I woke up throwing up. I figured because it was a lack of me eating, but then I remembered 'how I had sex' so I took a pregnancy test. I didn't think it would come up positive, but I did. I kept the pregnancy a secret, up until I was giving birth. No one knew I was pregnant, they just thought I developed an eating disorder.

I was scared, I was alone, I was taken advantage of! I couldn't tell anyone, not even my parents or closest friends!

A nice lady told me she would take you from me, and raise me as her own since she was unable to have children. I left her with my contact information and my government records so that way when you reached 18 you could contact me if you wanted."

"So you did want me."

Sara nodded, "Just not at 16..."

"Did you even tell anyone about me?"

Sara paused, trying to remember if she really did told anyone or if this child she birthed 16 years ago was kept a secret from the world. She nodded, "I told them I was raped. But I never told them I got pregnant from the rape."

"Well how old was my father?"

"He was 17. So, now he should be about 33."

"Do you still...talk to him or anything?"

"Huh? What? Oh no! But, he does occasionally call me from time to time. But that was when I was around 18/19, I guess he wanted to build a relationship with me and you."

"Wait so he knew you were pregnant?"

She nodded, "I don't know how, I never told anyone! Maybe he just...planned to get someone pregnant and I just happened to be alone at the wrong time. I never found him attractive or anything, he was just...nice..."

Jesse frowned, "I'm sorry if I'm making you feel uncomfortable. I just...I never knew much about my mother only the fact she was young when she had me. This is like a dream come true!"

Sara laughed lightly, "No it's fine." Sara yawned, "It's getting kind of late. I'll take you home, unless you want to stay here with me."

Jesse's eye's lit up, "Really? I can stay here with you...M-Mom?"

"Yes son, you can stay with mommy however long you want!"

Sara leaned over to hug Jesse, he hugged her back. For the first time in his life, he felt a natural connection to a person.

Yeah idk if I did a chapter about this in my original book, but uhh the idea goes that Sara got pregnant accidentally at 16 from the result of being taken advantage of and since their father is a strict religious male she couldn't get an abortion (also she was a scared 16 year old so wtf)