Afton Glover Morning

Credit to Wolf Con F for the image used in the header

"Daaad!" Elizabeth yelled, "We missed the bus!"

Elizabeth walked up the stairs, barging into her Mother and William's room. William was still getting dressed for work, he hadn't quite yet button his shirt nor put on his vest and neck tie.

"Elizabeth? What are you still doing here? You're supposed to be waiting for the bus!" He said.

"Yeah, well we missed it. Lance wouldn't stop crying about leaving his toy here. So he begged me to come back inside with him to get it. I told him that we'd miss the bus, but does anyone listen to Elizabeth Louise Afton!?"

William pinched the bridge of his nose, "Where's Axel?"

"Oh he's downstairs. He didn't want to get in trouble for leaving us outside alone."

William made a 'shoo' motion with his hands, telling Elizabeth to go wait downstairs with the rest of her siblings, and that William would drop them off before work. Elizabeth closed the door, heading downstairs.

"What did dad say?"

"That you're in big trouble! If you didn't leave Lances' toy behind, we wouldn't be in this situation!"

Axel growled lowly at her, hearing his fathers footsteps come down the stairs. "Dad!" He exclaimed, "I'm so sorry! This is-."

"Axel...what are you talking about?" William asked.

Elizabeth snickered under her breath, it was easy for her to lie and trick people. It gave her the most satisfaction if her victim was Axel.

"Anyways, take my keys to go start the car. I have to make my morning coffee first."

Axel headed out the door, to his fathers car. He seen the 'neighborhood bully' Terrance. He was 14, 2 years older than Axel. He constantly picked on Axel for being 'weird' and this socially awkward person. But don't worry, Elizabeth had a strong chucking arm. She could easily throw rocks and pebbles at him, hitting him in the eye once.

"Hey Axel!" Terrance teased.

Axel kept moving forward to his fathers car, not acknowledging him.

"I got something for you! But maybe, you're so weird that you don't even know what it is! Cmon, don't you want it?"

Axel opened the car door, stepping in and turning the ignition on. He got back out the car, looking at Terrance, with a cold look on his face. It was the face of a killer, one who wasn't scared to kill in cold blood.

"Leave me alone Terrance. I'll stab my fathers cigars through your eyes!" Axel yelled.

Terrance lightly chuckled, "I'd love to see you try."

Elizabeth and Lance came out the house, followed by William. William noticed Axel and Terrance, walking over to put his shoulder on him. He knelt down, whispering into Axel's ears. "You hate his guts..don't you?" He asked.

"I wanna kill him!" Axel said.

William chucked softly, "There's always a time and a place for that. Not here, too many witnesses. However, if I were you, I'd make it look like an....'accident' make it look like he died from blunt force trauma after hitting his head." William patted Axel on the back, ushering him to the car.

William glared over to Terrance, who felt a cold shiver run down his back. "You've pissed yourself." William mouthed.

Terrance looked down at his quavering legs, he was wet, he did in fact urinate himself.

"You'd think at 14 you're long past the potty trained stage, but alas. Not everyone is a fast learner." William mocked, getting into the car and driving off.

The car ride to school was silent, Elizabeth and Lance looked out the window. The ride to school was much different from a bus full of school bus children. Normally, they're too focused on chatting with friends, but a nice calming ride changes things.

"Sooo Axel..." William began, "How's school going?"

Axel took his hand of his chin, continuing to look out the window. "It's going...pretty well..." He said.

"Oh? Made any new friends recently? Learn anything cool or important?"

"Well...President Reagan signed the Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982 recently..."

"Hm...that he did. Where did you hear about that, on the news?"

"No...I overheard one of the teachers talking about it."

"To be honest, I preferred Carter better than this Regan guy. There's something 'off' about him. But, you're 12, your brain is still growing, I shouldn't be talking about politics to you. You might wanna become a lawyer like your Aunt Willa!" He joked.

"My aunt...Willa...?" Axel questioned.

"Oh that's right, you only met her once when you were a baby. It was 1970, you were about a week old. Your mother (before she died) and I flew over to San Francisco. Your Aunt wanted to see you so badly, but couldn't manage to book a flight to come visit, so we all went down there. It was so long ago! I don't think you'd remember what she looks like."

"Do you...?" Axel asked his father.

"She has short brown hair, short like mines. She was maybe about 5'7...? Shit..." He mumbled.

"You said a swear!" Elizabeth teased, "Mommy said no swears!"

William slowly turned and smiled softly at Elizabeth, "Yes, I know that Lizzie. It was an accident, it slipped out....anyways, when your aunt asked what your name was, and I told her 'Axel' she said I thought you were naming him Michael!? I told her, Yeah...there was a slip up at the hospital, so your mother went ahead and named you. I was stuck in traffic, so I couldn't get there in time. Your mother compared giving birth to you like an Axe was hacking away at her insides. Hence why you were named Axel. 'Michael' would've been a nice name for me to scream at the top of my lungs if you get in trouble.."

Axel hummed lightly, William pulled up to the side of the school. Elizabeth and Lance got out first. Axel let them go inside, then opened the car door to get out as well. He felt his father tug on him, turning to see what he wanted.

"Hey...don't feel bad about it, it's my fault not yours. So, have a good day at school Michael!" William teased, driving off as Axel got out.