Chapter 17 : Side Mission

"Dont Leave" Freya said, when their eyes met Felix saw the glistering tears in her eyes as he looks at her.

"Please, don't leave. . . It's okay if you don't answer but don't leave me." She said and tears started to fall unto her cheeks.

Felix didn't know what to do, he wanted to stay because he felt guilty but his ego won't let him.

In the end he held Freya's hand and threw it like it was trash.

As he left, he felt even more guilty. Once again he let his ego win over him. He wasn't happy of the decision he made, but his ego kept telling him that Freya deserves that.

You shouldn't feel guilty. She deserves that, first it's her fault why mother died and she made your life miserable. Taking Father's favor and attention, now all you get is constant pressure to be the perfect next Duke. . .

He told himself.

She barely does anything good, she stains the whole Family name by her attitude. No matter how bad she can get, she'll always have Father on her side no matter what.

As he was walking in the hallway, he bumps into Aurelia carrying a candle with her.

.

"What are you doing this late at night?" He asked narrowing his brows.

"I–i was—going to take some fresh air,  my lord." She lies.

Please let me go. Aurelia thought, nervous and scared that Felix might get suspicious of her.

"You should go to bed, that's not healthy for the child you're carrying." He said with authority.

Aurelia didn't know why her heart started to pound in her chest.

Was it because she felt cared?

Whatever the reason was she decides to just brush it off and follow what he said.

"Y-yes." She uttered after a while.

After she turned around to walk back to her chamber she stopped for a second.

"Sleep well, My Lord." Aurelia said before leaving and led out a smile to him.

For Felix it was nothing, but for Aurelia she felt her face burn after saying that.

This is bad. . .

She thought.

" I lost her, I don't know where she is. She hasn't been reporting anything to me." The Grand Duke stated.

"What?! We just wasted time then?" Freya then said furious.

"Well, yes. Now we Have to compromise a new plan." Vik said and leaned back to the couch.

"Now what's the plan?"

Vik parted his lips. "We can do the fast but hard way. . ?"

"What is that?"

"Kill him."

"What?! No way I'm doing that! I'm not yet ready to lose my head." Freya exclaimed.

"Alright, then let's proceed to my other plan."

.

.

.

"What if it doesn't work?" Freya asked.

"Then we'll have another plan, incase this one fails."

She then sighed. "Why does being evil have to be so stressful." She uttered to herself without knowing Vik heard her.

"Do you want to take off that stress?" He said in the most playful tone.

Freya only glared at him. "Stop with the jokes, Vik."

Vik only smirked and stood up.

"Don't even try going near me." Freya warned as she stood up and walked backwards while Vik walked towards her.

Vik chuckled. "What will this princess do?"

"Oh don't belittle me Your Grace, I can do a lot." She said who's now looking straight into his mesmerizing golden eyes.

At this point, she realized that his hair isn't gray but rather White. She wasn't used to seeing people with white hair and it suits him, Freya got so focused unto staring at the handsome man Infront of her that she didn't realize how close Vik was to her.

"Done staring?" He whispered still with his cheeky smirk.

Freya just turned her head to the side avoiding the man's gaze.

Vik on the other hard is enjoying seeing Freya's flustered face and gestures, her gray eyes could swoop anyone if they dare to look at it directly.

But as for Vik, he doesn't care.

He grabbed Freya's waist, pulling her closer to him. Freya's heart almost skipped a beat when there lips once again met.

Freya couldn't resist Vik's soft lips that met hers, even if she wanted to push him away. . . She couldn't, her body won't let her. Freya could almost describe Vik as a black hole for pulling her towards him all the time, where trying to get away is no use.

As they pulled away from that kiss, Freya felt her face burn.

"Why. . . Do you kept kissing me?" Freya uttered under her breath.

It gone silent all of a sudden but their position remained, both of them breathing was heard by another.

"Would you accept an I don't really know why I kept doing this?" Vik finally replied.

Freya felt disappointed. Maybe that's not the answer she was hoping to hear from Vik. But, she knew she can't get mad. Vik is undeniably attractive, so she wouldn't blame herself if she was to fall for him.

After the kiss they shared for the first time, she couldn't stop thinking about it. It's like a virus that filled her head at that time.

She slightly pushed him and walked away from the man.

"Freya! Forgive me, have I made you mad in any way?" Vik called unto her walking closer to her.

Freya scuffed. "Why would I get mad?"

Vik parted his lips, about to say something but seemed hesitant.

"If you like kissing me that much . . . Do better, put our plans into action. You want to become the next Emperor right? Work your ass off and you'll get the Empire and me all to yourself, hmm? Get it?" Freya said in the most seductive way but made Vik motivated and his lips curved to the side forming into a smirk.

He bowed. "As my soon Empress says." He said and Freya flashed a smile, they were both staring at each others eyes as if they were talking by it.

I guess I'll have a side mission, to make you Emperor. . .