Chapter 32 : Rekindled

"Oh hello, dear." The late Empress smirks. "Are honorifics no longer a must around here?" She implies.

Freya gets what she was trying to send, but in a short span of time Freya will be crowned the new Empress.

"Pardon, It was my mistake." She says. "I need a proper lists of the things I have to do, until now I haven't received that from you." Freya directly says.

The Empress rolled her eyes. "I'll send that to you later my dear."

Like I would. The Empress says in her mind.

Freya knowing what the Empress' character is like she plans to head unto the Emperor's space to personally present her concerns.

She definitely won't be giving me that list, for sure.

ADMIRING the multiple colored flowers on the garden behind the Emperial palace, Freya jumped in shock after a maid spoke behind her.

"Princess, Lord Felix has come to pay you a visit." She stated before bowing and leaving as Felix appeared from behind.

She turned to properly face him. "Greetings to you dear brother, what brings you here?" She straight up asked.

With both of his hands in his pockets he also looked at the flowers infront of them.

"How have you been?"

Freya's brows narrowed, questioning the purpose of her brother's sudden visit to the Emperial palace. "I'm fine, what are you doing here?"

He sighed. "Do you hate me that much?"

With his sudden utterance, Freya was taken a back. Not knowing what to answer to her already upset brother she breathes heavily.

"I don't."

By those two words, Felix's face brightens.

"I can't hate you."

Because I am not your real sister.

"Because you are my brother, I get that you're mad because of our mother's death alongside with my birth–"

Felix cut her off. "After that incident, I—I feel guilty. What I have done was wrong and I couldn't stand as a big brother to whom you would look up to."

Touched by the thought, Freya was also confused to what he had done.  . She thought that maybe all the bullying Felix had done to her.

"Are you apologizing?" She asked.

He nodded. "I am."

"Then say it to me." She said firmly.

The Old Freya might not accept and throw a fit to her Brother's apology but she isn't the old Freya. . She was someone else, trapped in a body and forced to live someone elses life.

Felix knelt to the ground and bowed infront of his sister who was taken aback by his sudden action. "I apologize, forgive me for all the things I have done ever since we were kids. I ought to make it up to you."

In the verge of tears, Freya knelt and hugged her brother tight.

This made her remember the time in her previous life how she wanted a sibling, being an only child made her lonely so then she made that wish.

And as of this moment, that wish might've just came true.

HAVING that conversation with Felix made her have a good mood all throughout the day.

As she walked down the long hallway of the palace, she suddenly saw Zavier talking to his courtier.

"But your highness, that is risky."

"I don't care, just do it." He says and dismisses his courtier.

He was about to leave but saw Freya looking at him intently. "Oh, Freya. How are you?"

"I'm fine, what's the matter with that?" She asks, curious.

Zavier scratches the back of her head. "Business affairs but I can handle it, don't worry."

Freya only could nod in response.

Then Zavier suddenly held her hand as they walk down the hallway, this made Freya fluster a bit.

"Are you hungry? I ordered the cook to make something as I hoped to eat dinner with you tonight." He says enthusiastically.

Freya speechless by his sudden act. " Alright, dinner tonight."

His highness then led out a sweet smile to the young princess who was very much astonished by his bright shining smile.

"I noticed, you seemed to be in a good mood." Zavier mentions.

Freya smiles shyly. "I am, my brother visited earlier."

"Is that so?" She felt her hand being squeezed by Zavier. "I'm happy because you're happy."

Touched by his words, Freya stopped walking and felt the urge to suddenly kiss the prince.

As she leaned closer to him the Prince leans towards her and their lips touched for a mere second.

The shookt Freya froze on the stop as Zavier chuckles and whispers. "If you want to kiss me, just say so."

Blushing, Freya pushed him slightly and continued to walk down the hall.

"I.. I have to go." And she left in a hurry.

Leaving his highness smiling as he watches her leave.

Freya on the other hand, still blushing bumped unto someone accidentally.

It was the head maid. "My goodness, watch your step your highness." She exclaimed. "Careless clumsy child." Freya heard her murmur.

Freya's brows narrowed. "Did you say something?"

"Did I say something?."

"You did, I heard it myself." She uttered.

That's odd. She didn't to use honorifics to a lady in position, Freya noticed and catched up to what this mere maid was up to.

"Oh, it looked like the princess is deaf. I said please be careful your highness." The head maid said slightly bowing.

Freya who was in a good mood wanted to avoid incidents like this for a while. I will let this slide, for now.

"Thank you."

As she was about to walk away she heard the head maid whisper once more. "Stupid deaf brat."

For Freya, that was the last straw.

"You seem to lose your manners." Freya uttered which the maid picked up on.

"Pardon?"

Freya crossed her arms and with a grin on her face she looked down at the maid.

"You seemed to forget who your talking to? Hmm. . Shall I punish you?" She said intimidating the maid.

"Did you lose your tongue? Why can't you talk now, If you want to belittle me say it right to my face."