Chapter 20 : Painless

"Please no fighting." Lucas, Vik's subordinate said as Freya was seated in the couch across the bed where the woman was seated and guarded by Lucas himself.

The woman showed no expression, so did Freya.

"Scarlet, you'll be working for her as well, and please remember your manners. That is not how you talk to nobles especially to her." Vik said.

Vik told Freya that he changed her name into Scarlet Saemyr, she will still be a commoner but will be perceived as a rich commoner in the Empire.

She scoffed. "I want an extra pay, she will be hard to work for."

Freya's brows narrowed once again. "Extra pay or I cut of one of your finger-" she was cut off by Vik.

"Calm down, let's talk this out without putting in violence." He said which made Freya roll her eyes. "How much do you want?" He added.

"What?! Seriously Vik?" Freya exclaimed standing up.

Vik faced her."I have plenty of riches, it's not a problem."

Stupid! That's not it! In Freya's mind, she wanted to throw hands and choke Scarlet along with Vik.

She pushed Vik aside and went Infront of Scarlet, Lucas was hesitant to stop her so he just put his hand forward thinking it'll be enough to stop the raging Freya.

But she just flicked his hand away, once again both of their eyes met.

"Give me your hand." Freya stated.

Scarlet was skeptical and unsure really of what Freya was going to do with her hand.

She smirked. "What if I don't?"

The corner of Freya's lips curved and aggressively took Scarlet's hand.

"Whether you like it or not, you'll be working with us, with me." She said before reaching out to her a pocket a gold ring. "I don't have cash with me, so take it or leave it.", She said then left the room.

Scarlet smirked as she looked pleased looking at the ring.

THE day has come that their plan will be put into action, they've been working on it in the past few days.

Freya looked dashing in her bright pink heart gown with a pearl necklace on her neck and a pink fluffy fan on her hand.

Tia couldn't stop admiring her madame. "Milady you look beautiful as ever!"

Freya smiled looking at herself in the mirror, admiring the body she had for over a few months now. Many things had happened, she still felt as if everything is a dream or she's just imagining everything at this point.

She took a deep breath before going out and going inside their Carriage. Both her Father and Brother are on the other carriage as she stays on the other one with Tia.

Freya couldn't help but get nervous and worry about the possible outcome and what could possibly go wrong in this plan of theirs.

"Freya." Felix called unto her signaling her to come closer to him, which she found kind of odd.

But she did went beside him, Tia also followed her and went behind her.

Felix leaned towards Freya. "Stay close to me."

Freya's brows narrowed. Weird.

As they walked in the Red Carpet seeing other high ranking guests along with them.

As she saw Vik in the crowd, he signals her that everything is in Place. She took a deep breath and walked further more beside her Brother.

Soon the Emperor went on the slightly small stage.

"What a wonderful Evening, I am very grateful to see familiar faces this evening as I am celebrating my 59th day of birth." He stated with a bug smile seen in his Face. "I now officially announce that the Banquet shall start!" He announced in a slightly louder but cheerful tone.

As everyone clapped their hands and sat on each if their respectively chosen seats I decided to make my move.

But. . . Felix grabbed my elbow, stopping me.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

Freya got irritated by the thought that he's even asking where she'll go when before he didn't care about her.

"It's none of your business, now let me go." Freya said firmly and took off Felix's hand off her Elbow and walked away.

As she went on to the spot where she and Vik planned to meet up, she was stopped when Zavier with his subordinate was on their way the same direction she was walking towards.

She quickly hid behind the door of an open room. Freya heard Zavier talking.

"Your highness, wouldn't it be troublesome?"

"It wouldn't if we stick by the plan. Freya is so gullible, I don't think she'll catch up anyway." Freya's eyes widened.

Really?! I'm gullible?! She almost threw the prince a punch in the stomach but she needs to stick to their plan too.

"Then, where shall I lead the lady later?"

The Prince thought of it for a while. "In the garden, I want everything to go smoothly alright? There is no room for mistakes."

"Yes, your highness."

When the two of them were completely gone, Freya made her move and went on her way to meet Vik.

Surely Vik was already there. Vik had this big smile on his face after seeing Freya but her face remained still.

"I guess we're not the only ones who had something planned tonight." She stated.

Vik got this confused look on his face. "What does that mean?"

"Your Highness got something up on his sleeves as well, I don't know what it is but it does have something to do with me."

Vik caressed his chin thinking. "I should tell Lucas and prepare just incase it intersects with our plan."

Freya nodded.

"Alright." She replied quite sounding anxious.

Vik seemed to notice that so he went closer to Freya. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah. . . I'm alright." She said nodding at once.

Freya seemed anxious and scared. She really doesn't want anything to fail in this plan or it could lead to her downfall.

She isn't scared of dying, but rather in pain. She hates feeling pain, after knowing that she might get tortured if this plan of theirs spills to the Prince she couldn't stop her heart from beating twice as fast as it normally does.

Let's hope that if I die it'll be . . . . Painless.