Chapter 38 : Down the Road

It's been a day after Freya heard the news from Tia about Zavier's departure. Now, she looks out her window waiting for his return.

She has felt a bit weird having many guards watching over her, so she wanted to talk about that along with just wanting to see her busy husband.

She rings the bell beside her and Tia walks in the Door. "Yes, your highness?"

Freya turns to face her. "What time will Zavier be back?" She's starting to lose her patience in waiting for Zavier to come back.

"As of now your highness, it was said that they'll be going back after another day or so." Tia tells her mistress.

A sigh was her response. That isn't the news she wanted to hear.

"Tell Rey, the butler. I want the carriage ready now." She tells Tia firmly which she follows. "If I can't see him now then I'll personally go to see him."

And so it happened. After she got dressed and Tia packed some of her clothes and the necessities, she went downstairs meeting the Butler. "Princess, are you really sure about this? His Highness told me not to lose an eye on you." He told Freya his worries.

"I have already packed some clothes for this trip. Of course I am sure." She says sarcastically. "Don't worry, with this many guards I'm sure nothing bad will happen to me." Pertaining to the armored men that has been following her.

"B-but Princess–"

"No Buts! I shall see him whether everyone likes it or not." She says firmly.

With no choice, the butler has to allow her her to go which she felt ecstatic. "Alright, see you all when I come back!"

"Please! Come back safe, Princess!

Or I might lose my head. The butler thought as he sees the Princess excitedly walked out of the Palace.

FREYA SEEMED TO REGRET about deciding to go unto this trip.

"Princess! Do you want me tell the coach man to stop the carriage?" Tia asks worriedly, aiding her mistress.

She covers me mouth after she felt an urge to puke. "Don't! I-I'm fine."

I have to see him or I'll totally die!

Tia does not look half convinced but she has to follow her. Freya on the other hand, is battling the feeling of puking. She thought that she rode in a carriage before with much bumpy roads and she had never puked in any of them.

To stop herself from puking, Freya forced herself to sleep so then, she could stop thinking about puking any moment now.

After an hour or so, they finally made it.

The Emperial Knights in their destination was shocked seeing the Emperial Carriage stop by their area.

When Freya went out, they were even more shocked. They panicked as they bowed to show respect.

"It's the Princess."

"What is she doing here?"

"Did his highness sent her a message to come here?"

"I doubt that."

Those were some of the Knights chattering when she got off the Carriage.

"Are you looking for me, your highness?" Hearing that voice excites her as she quickly turned and gave Zavier a hug.

Realizing that they are being watched over by Knights, she quickly pulls herself away, regaining her posture. Zavier then chuckles and tells the Knights to be on guard as the two of them went to a tree with a swing.

This made Freya happy, seeing a swing for the first time ever in this world which led to her to sit on the swing excitedly. "Freya, do you know how dangerous it is for you to come here?"

"I know."

"And. . You chose to still follow me?" She nods in reply. Zavier sighed. "Freya, your life is as precious as mine, other than that you're delicate."

Freya could only frown, she felt as if Zavier didn't want her here. "I am not going to die down that bumpy road."

"How can you be so sure of that?"

"Because I know I am not going to." She reasons out.

Zavier breathes.

"I've made it safe, right? So by that I am sure I'm not going to die." Freya added.

Although Zavier didn't want her coming to a place where a gruesome murder occurred, but she was already there and there is no point of sending her back.

He holds her hand, caressing it. "Why have you come?"

"Secret! Why would I tell you?" She says acting childish.

"You look cute." He uttered that made Freya blush and stood up. "You often say that, is there nothing new?" She asked, provokingly.

Unconsciously, he laughs. "Do I?" She nods hurriedly. Zavier then leans closer to her face. "Hmm. . What should I say other than 'cute' to my cute-looking wife?"

Freya pushes the man away. "Okay, I'm hungry!" Then she turns her back to the giggling fine man behind her.

BACK to the Emperial Palace, Elainne smiles as she walks down the hall. Feeling pleased that Freya made her mission easier.

"Mother, how can you be so sure that'll work?" Vik asks as he walks beside her.

The woman could only show a sly smirk. "Follow my orders and we shall see."

Vik sighed. "I don't want to harm her Mother." By this, Elainne stopped and glanced over to him. "I know—you've been saying that countless times, Ugh!"

As they walk inside her chambers she sits unto her couch. "My dear son, you've been poisoned by such a woman who didn't even second guess her marriage to the prince." She blabbered.

He could only listen to her mother's rants, knowing if he talks anymore then it'll be against him. But. . He has to something.

Kneeling infront of his mother, Vik looks up to her. "Please mother, reconsider the plan."

Rolling her eyes she sighed. She cupped her son's cheeks.

"Then I guess I can make some adjustments. . Only if you do without a say the next order I give you."

"Alright, mother."

And so a deal was made, Elainne is confident that this time, she could finally get rid of Freya. .

Better watch your back dear, I'll be after you.