Chapter 41 : Patience

"WHERE is His Highness?" Freya asked as she hurriedly walked down the hall with the young maid following her in Panic.

"Princess, I believe that is not-" The maid was cut shortly when Freya stopped midway and glanced at her. "I am to make my own decisions, is he in his study?"

"You can't your Highness, his Highness had forbidden anyone to see him." The maid explained."Princess, let us go back. It isn't healthy for you and the child."

That, made Freya froze. "Child?"

"Yes, your highness. You are pregnant." The maid reluctantly nodded, then she yelled after Freya walked hurriedly once more in the halls."Princess!"

"Let me in." She ordered the men guarding the big double door of Zavier's Study.

The two men, looked at each other before one of them answered. "We cannot, Your highness."

Her eyes narrowed looking at the two men who dodges her gaze. "I told you to let me in."

"Forgive us but we cannot disobey His Highness' orders." Mouth opened,

"How dare you not listen to me." Freya muttered crossing her arms. "I am your next Empress and you two disobeys my orders."

Exchanging glances at one another, one man replies. "If we are to obey the princess' orders then we would disobey his Highness'."

"But. ." Bursting into tears, Freya sat on the floor as the young maid tried to lift her up. "I just want to see him, please."

No matter how much she plead, the two men remained their stand. Freya could throw a fit but chose not to as she felt a bit weak to do so.

For now, she has to retreat.

IT HAS been days, Zavier didn't show himself to Freya. Not even his shadow was at sight. This worries her, thinking that Zavier might've believed what Vik had blabbered that night.

"Princess, I brought you snacks to munch on. Would you like me to pour you tea as well?" The maid patiently said.

Freya had done nothing but ignore the young maid who had put in an effort to aid her these past few days. A patient one that softened Freya's heart.

"What's your name?" Freya asked not throwing a glance at her.

"My name? Oh it's Luisa, your Highness." A smiling girl, bright as the sun moved Freya.

Then, Freya had an urge to rant about Zavier to this maid. "Luisa, does he hate me?"

The maid was taken aback by the question."His Highness? I don't think so Princess, at this time he must be busy with the affairs of the Empire."

"Even before he was always busy but had time to see me. Now he doesn't.." Her shoulders fell talking about Zavier.

Thoughts rushing down her head of she might've been such a horrible person that she had to suffer things such as this. As she ponders she came to ask another question to the maid. "Are you also disgusted by me?"

"I would never, your highness! That is absurd." She came to a stand.

Freya sighs. "Perhaps you don't know." She then lay her head on the pillow as she snuggles herself under the soft blanket.

"Whatever it is, Her highness must have her reasons for doing so." Freya was deeply touched, thinking that this girl is seriously sweet and nothing like Tia.

Once again she sat and looked at young maid intently. "I like you."

"O-oh my! Thank you Your highness!" Her shyness made Freya smile for the first time after the tradegy.

"Stop bowing now." She says hinting her to stop. Then, she came to a conclusion.

Her plan might be risky and a bit of a cowardly act but she stands of her way of punishing herself, but before she could put that plan to action,

She has to be sure that she is no longer wanted.

"Can you get me a pen and paper?" The young maid quickly went to get and fulfill her orders while Freya stood up and sat on her desk.

Dearest Brother,

ON the other wing of the Palace, Zavier drowns himself with the stack of paperwork and assessing foreign affairs of the Empire. Worrying is courtier.

"Is it not time you meet her highness?" He says, breaking the silence.

Lifting his head. Zavier sighed. "How can I?"

Confused the man replied. " By simply meeting her?"

"I didn't know you are this sarcastic." Zavier said ignoring his antics and went back to signing those papers.

The man walked closer and sat on the sofa next the Zavier's desk. "Aren't you longing for her presence? I heard she came a few days before to see you."

"She did?" He asked quickly dropping his quill. "Your men stopped her from doing so and now she had been isolating herself."

Zavier pushed his hair back using his fingers to lessen her frustration.

"I bet the Empress is jumping with joy with this incident with the two of you." He even added.

"Is she alright?"

The courtier chuckled. "She's alright, the maid you assigned has been with her. Making sure she does not skip meals and take care of the child with her as well."

Silence filled the room. Zavier doesn't have the words to express himself at the moment. He is way too pressed about it, confused and frustrated.

"Do you believe what your hoax cousin said?" Again, the man broke the silence.

He thought about it. "I don't know."

"Well you should find that out sooner or later, the Princess might not be able to wait for you that long."

Contemplating, it wrecks his mind. He wanted to run up to Freya, although he is still confused and damaged by the incident. He couldn't possibly just brush that aside.

"Let's not talk about this anymore." He said finally fed up with the topic.

His courtier wanted to say something to him but they suddenly hear a knock on the door. A guard came in.

"Greetings to His Highness, the Princess-" Cut shortly by Zavier. "Send her away."

"Will do, your highness." Then the guard bowed and left the room.

"That was pretty much harsh." The man commented.

Taking a deep breath, he shifts her focus back to what is infront of him. "I can't face her now."

"So you plan to make her wait?"

Sighing he replied. "If that is what you call it."

"Hmm, that is kind of-I don't think she is that patient."

"Well she have to."