Chapter 33 : Shine

WITH SCORCHING eyes the maid looked at her with nothing but arrogance in her eyes.

Freya scoffed as she looks at the maid with piercing eyes. Thinking that someone in position might be behind this arrogant and disrespectful maid.

"I believe I hadn't said anything wrong, your highness." The maid said with confidence.

"Is that so? Then calling me careless, deaf, and a stupid brat isn't wrong?" Freya said provoking the maid.

The maid stood up straight. "Your highness, that isn't something to be upset–"

She couldn't finish what she was about to say after Freya slapped her across the face. Shocked, the head maid stood in her place.

"My expectations were quite too high for the Emperial servants, they are in need of change." Freya stated before she continues on walking head high.

No one should every dare mess with Freya.

DINNER was served, Freya along with Tia who's behind her walked down the long hallway to get to the dining hall.

"This is your first dinner with the whole Emperial Family, your highness! I hope you aren't nervous like I am."

Our pre-occupied Freya flinched after Tia tapped her by the shoulder. "What was that again?"

Tia smiled worriedly. "Is there something bothering her highness?"

Freya took a deep breath.
"It's nothing to be worried about."

After the doors were opened to the Dining Hall, Freya's eyes sparkled after seeing a lot food of delicious looking food on the table.

On the table, the Emperor, the Empress and Zavier was already seated.

As she rushed to sit next to Zavier without taking her eyes off the food. "Good evening to His Majesty and her majesty."

"Goodevening Freya, you look as beautiful as ever." The Emperor compliments her which to her surprise, she smiled sweetly.

Her eyes landed on Zavier who was already looking at her, stunned by her beauty.

"Then, shall we eat?" The Emperor stated and Freya without uttering anything she took food right to her plate after the Emperor took his.

It was like any normal dinner type of thing where men talked about politics and all, Freya on the other hand is enjoying the savory food in front of her.

She didn't mind the piercing glares of the Empress as she was very much occupied at the moment.

"Freya, dear." Her attention was caught after the Empress suddenly calls her name.

She lifts her gaze. With a menacing smile the Empress said. "I heard you punished the Emperial's Head Maid. . Why is that?"

All eyes were drawn unto her, though without an ounce of fear she took her glass of water and drank it.

"She was being disrespectful." She stated.

"Is that true?" The Emperor looked at her, worried.

"Yes it is, she dare call me a stupid brat, deaf and careless. I don't know where she got her confidence but it is simply too much." She even pretended to tear up as she looked at the Empress' irritated expression.

She felt the Emperor and Zavier's pity which was what she aimed for.

"But was the slap really necessary? I know Polla well, she is an educated woman. I couldn't imagine her doing such a crime." The Empress added.

Freya was taken aback, nonetheless she still has the upper hand in this situation.

"Indeed your majesty, even I can't believe it, such an educated woman dare to disrespect the next Empress of the Empire still upsets me."

In Freya's way of turning the table for the Empress makes her want to laugh abnoxiously.

The Emperor then signals one of the Emperial knights and whispers something to him. "I shall handle this manner dear, I hope you aren't discouraged."

She smiled sweetly. "Oh no I am not. It even motivates me to work harder and maybe then I'll be able to run the Empire as perfect as the current Empress does."

The Empress could only grin.

"But dear, The Head Maid is under my law so the next time come tell me and I will do the punishing." She firmly stated.

"Forgive me, I guess a slap across the face wasn't enough for impudent servants like her. Please, handle her well." Freya then led out a slight smirk as she looked at the Empress intently.

"Freya–"

"Your Majesty, my wife looks tired shall I walk her to her Chamber." Zavier interrupts.

"Oh well, rest well. You two are dismissed."

Both of them stood as Zavier held her hand as they make their way into one of the Palace's large balconies.

Freya's eyes sparkled in awe, the night sky was dark yet the moon and stars like the big dark sky.

"Isn't it beautiful?" Zavier suddenly asked.

Freya glances at him who was also has his  eyes on the sky. "Yes, it is."

As she felt Zavier's hand caressing her hair gently, she turns to face the young Prince.

"Your hair looked like the night sky. . And your eyes are the stars that shines through." A touched freya looks away.

She insisted that she was tougher than this. That a simple compliment shouldn't make her blush and moved right away, right? She heard him laugh.

"Princess, you are beautiful." He stated.

Moved by the sudden compliment, Freya shyly glanced at him before locking her eyes once more in the night sky.

"Your hair, represents the Sun."

"Is that so?"

Freya nodded, looking like a sweet child. "It shines bright like the sun, that no matter how dark the sky is it manages to shine through."

This made Zavier smile.
A smile to which Freya also relates to the sun.

"I wish to see you smile often." He uttered.

"Don't I smile often?" She asked.

The Prince sighs. "You used to frown a lot before." He mentions which made Freya feel guilty, remembering how she pushed him away most of the time back then..

"I. . I am in a stable state of mind now."

He suddenly grabbed Freya's soft hands, holding it before locking their fingers. "I'm glad, I do love you Freya."

She wishes to say she loves him back but, she wanted to be sure of what she is feeling as she doesn't want to hurt a genuine persons love. . Especially not Zavier's heart.

——

"THAT BRAT!" A woman screamed in anger as she started throwing everything her hand touches in a mere second.