Chapter 31 : Something Urgent

"No, because that is impossible." Vik scoffs and smirked with him being offended by the thought.

He then continues to lean towards Freya which she avoids. "If you lean towards me more, I shall have no choice but to stop the dance."

Vik couldn't risk that.

Up until now, Freya has been considerate and her patience, surprisingly hasn't peaked to it's limit, yet.

After the dance, she had to rest so she went back and sat as she watched the guests dance and chitchat.

While as for Zavier, he was there socializing. Exchanging words with the nobles, as he should as the next emperor.

Freya had lost her motivation to socialize after the incident with Vik and now she has to think about the current Empress.

Something's off about her.

THAT same night, now the newly wed couple shall do their upmost royal duty. In their Royal Bedchamber.

"Your majesty, would you like this scent? Maybe his highness would like this scent." A servant suggested.

Tia quickly ran and took a sniff out of it. "I don't think this will suit her highness." She commented.

"Is that so? Shall I find another one?"

Servants around Freya are chattering about what could happened tonight, overwhelmed she stepped in.

"No need, I'd like to have a peace of mind. you all can leave now." She said.

"Your highness, If you ever need me I'll be outside." Tia said before closing the door behind her.

As everyone slowly bowed and one by one left the room Freya stood up and looked outside the balcony.

She was wearing a thin silk backless night dress, for Freya it was quite revealing yet she was already used to wearing dresses like these.

As the cold air breeze brushed against her fair skin she felt chills and thought that she should've worn a robe.

"It's cold out." Freya quickly turned her head around to see it was Zavier, wearing a silk button shirt-like with comfortable pants beneath.

"It is." She replied and turned her head back to look at the night sky.

She felt Zavier's fingers brushed on her shoulder as he placed a robe on her, covering her exposed back and shoulders.

"Thank you."

Zavier leaned on the railing looking at the starry night sky as well. "So what are you doing here?"

Freya looked at him. "I don't know."

"Felt pressured?"

She nods reluctantly.

"Sorry."

"What?" She asked as her brows narrowed.

Their eyes met. "I'm sorry for forcing you into this, I knew you didn't want to marry me anymore after meeting Vik–"

Freya covered his mouth. "There were nothing between him and I, swear."

She saw Zavier's relief smile. He wanted to ask her about them, but maybe he didn't have to anymore.

"You see, whether there's something between the two of you or not he can no longer take you from me." He said proudly.

"And I will not let myself, a married woman get taken out by some bachelor."

The two of them shared a laugh out it. "That's a relief."

Freya wanted to ask a question.

But she's shy to do so.

"What about we head inside?" Zavier suggested. "It's getting cold."

Freya didn't argue or insisted to stay out, she followed his words as soon as he said it.

It was pretty obedient of her, for once.

Zavier on the other hand was anxious, nervous and worried. He couldn't help but feel those as he is with Freya.

He clears his throat. "Freya, are you alright with doing our Royal Duties, right?" He asks.

Freya's ears were tingling, she knew what he meant. She couldn't get her mouth to say a word or so.

"But if your not ready we can postpone it and say that we have perform–"

"Let's do it." She said.

She's shy and as anxious as Zavier.

Zavier has lost it, the tip of his ears we turning red and he was frozen in position.

"A-are you alright?" Freya checks up on him but no response. "If you don't want to–"

"Pardon, I can't seem to process what you have just said." He covers his mouth as he looks away from Freya.

"Which one?"

"'Let's do it'"

Freya's fave turned red. "Oh w-well I was being–"

"I know, I know."

The atmosphere in the room was so awkward. They were both shy to move or even say a word atleast after what they had just said. Someone has to man up.

Zavier took a deep breath. "Shall I k-kiss you then?"

Freya blushed, she wasn't this flustered before over just him asking for permission. They didn't even kissed yet for her to feel that way.

She nods, Zavier stepped closer to her. She closed her eyes and waited for that kiss to happen.

Then suddenly there was a knock on the door, Freya sighs out of disappointment as Zavier walked up to the door to see who it was.

She leaned a bit to see who it was, it was a henchmen of his. The both men talked then Zavier then closed the door and grabbed his robe.

"I'll be doing something urgent, I'll be back." He said and closed the door behind him.

He seemed to be in a hurry.

The Little Empress sighs.

She can't believe that their first night as a married couple was interrupted by something urgent.

Yet, she was curious unto what was that about. . But that is something she'll have to find out tomorrow morning.

"I'm exhausted." She said to herself and laid in bed, alone.

AS THE SUN rises, Freya was quick to talk to the late Empress about her duties around the Palace.

She is rushing to get started. What are the odds she'll meet the late Empress on the way.

"Greetings," she says and bows her head slightly. "I was looking for you."

The late Empress grinned. She hated Freya's presence, for her Freya was just some another brat.

"Oh hello, dear."