Chapter 39 : Rely on me

It was the middle of the night, and Freya woke up seeing she was alone. She stood up and went to find Zavier, she wanted to look for the man.

A cold breeze greeted her outside, and she shivered. Not so distant she saw a silhouette of a man, Freya looked around for any knights around but there wasn't.

Thinking it was Zavier she walked slowly to where the man was standing, but before she could someone grabbed her shoulders from behind.

"Where are you going?" It was Zavier.

Eyes widened, and Freya got confused. "I thought you. . . were there." She pointed to where the silhouette of the man she had seen earlier disappeared.

Zavier could not help but worry. "Let's go inside, it's cold." He said guiding her back to the cabin.

"Where did you go?" She asked as they were walking back. "I went to get some fresh air."

Freya pouted. "Why? Isn't there air inside too?"

He chuckles. "I need the air coming right from the trees."

"Why?"

"Because. . . It's purified."

With a confused look, she wanted to interrogate the man once more but was stopped when one of the Knights came up to them.

"Your Highness, the Commander says we have urgent news." Zavier sighed and then smiled when he looked at Freya. "Desmond, Make sure Freya gets back in the cabin." He ordered.

"I'll be back as soon as possible, rest for now." He whispered to Freya as he left her with the Knight, which he called Desmond.

"Allow me to take her Highness back." He stated. Freya wanted to throw a fit this instant but she remained composed.

"Is he always that busy?" She asked.

The Knight glanced over her. "His Highness has to, the Emperor has not been well these past few weeks and everything has to be passed and done by him as the next on the throne."

"O-oh." She didn't know whether she felt mad or simply disappointed in herself.

She was too busy doing things that she thinks will benefit her and not even looking after the situation of others. Was she too selfish?

No wonder I haven't heard anything from the Emperor since.

"Thank you for taking me back, Desmond." She extended her gratitude to the Knight to which the Knight bowed in reply.

Then she closed the door. Groping her hair, she finally made a realization of how selfish she was.

Events started to replay on her mind, of the things she'd done ever since she entered this fairytale of a story. Remembering the harsh things she'd done to him, he doesn't know anything other than to love her truly. Even from the original Novel.

It has been always Freya who was too much, she isn't different from the old one.

"Freya!" It was almost yelling but in a whisper-like tone.

"Vik?! What the hell are you doing here?" With Freya's eyes fully wide open by the he's sudden appearance.

It seemed that he had entered through the open window of the cabin. Freya was panting.

"Calm down, I am here to save you." He said even grabbing her wrist and pulling her towards the window but Freya resisted.

"Save me from what?"

"Zavier. ." He mentions. "He has something bad planned for you." Freya doesn't want to believe such nonsense he is saying.

In her mind, She questions what Zavier's motive would be. "What do you mean?"

"He's been planning to kill you." He directly answers. Freya's eyes narrowed.

"Liar, he would never do that."

A sly smirk appeared on the man's face. "You don't him as much as I know him, Freya." He says. "He might look like an angel but he surely isn't. Now come with me and I'll take you to safety."

Once again, he tries to pull her away but she keeps on resisting his every grip on her. "Can you let go of me?! I am not coming with you."

"Do you want to die?" It seemed to be a rhetorical question as to how Freya heard it. "I'm sure you don't, if you want to live... See me tomorrow night at the giant tree with a swing."

Then he left, jumping back at the window he used to enter the cabin.

She was startled upon hearing the door open to see that it was only Tia this time. "Your Highness? The bath's ready."

Freya nods in reply and prepares herself for the bath.

In the bath, she ponders what Vik means, is Zavier going to kill her? Or it is just a false accusation for them to break apart.

She doesn't know.

FREYA woke up and saw the face of the man she was married to. Caressing her hair.

"Good morning." He greeted her and made her smile, feeling at ease but at the same time confused.

"Good morning, Zavier."

"Have you slept well?" The man asked still looking right into her eyes, He mentioned, "I told Tia to get your breakfast."

"Thank you. ."

"We're heading back to the palace first thing in the morning tomorrow, will you be fine with that?" Informing her, she thought of the incident that happened last night.

"I will, don't worry," Freya assures him. "Uhm, Zavier?"

"Yes?"

"Do you love me?" She uttered with no hesitation, asking him intently.

He smiled and asked. "What's with that sudden question?" But, Freya is determined to know the answer and not going to let this slide.

"Please, just answer."

It took him a few seconds before he replied, saying. "I do. Although words will never be enough for me to tell you how much I love you, Freya."

A clacking sound suddenly was heard. It was a knife that seemed to have fallen from Zavier's pocket from behind that made her flinch. "Forgive me, have a startled you?"

Disregarding what just happened, she holds his hand tight. "I trust your words Zavier."

"Do you love me as well?" Taken aback by his question, this time, Freya seemed to know what her answer was.

"It may not surpass your love for me, but I can assure you that I surrender myself completely to you."