Chapter 43 : Leave

"I KNOW you have been avoiding to see my face and I understand why but I hope you don't completely shut me out."

"I wasn't avoiding you." Zavier replied instantly then Freya innocently blinks at him.

"You were-I know it is my fault ever since from the beggining, I hope you can consider and maybe. . . stop avoiding me anymore." She explained, although it seemed to be not the case anymore.

Zavier thought of it, he cannot say he isn't relieved to see her but he also cannot say that everytime he laid his eyes on her pain doesn't struck his chest.

"How can I?" He said in a low tone that made Freya look at him with eyes ready to weep. "I don't know at this point Freya, I thought I have forgiven you but it looks like I haven't. Everynight before going to sleep I kept thinking about what Vik said of what you might be carrying is his."

Freya felt as if her tongue isn't there anymore, words wouldn't formulate. It seemed as if she was mute.

"The thought that you had an affair with him makes me want to beat myself for not being able to keep you locked up in my arms. I kept asking myself where did it start going the wrong way, what does Vik have that I couldn't give you?" Almost in tears, he tried to not show her his growing frustration of the incident.

Meanwhile, Freya was already wiping her tears away. "I-im sorry."

"I don't think it'll be ever the same Freya." He uttered and gulped in wanting to not shed a tear.

Freya then nods. "I understand." She stood up that shookt Zavier. "Thank you for your time, I-I have to go."

She was trembling. Thinking of how stupid she was for even thinking that everything will be alright between them, even after that.

"Princess, are you..." Luisa wasn't able to react as soon as possible after seeing her tears falling down to her chin. "Princess wait!"

Disappear. Is that she wanted to do now. She had been cruel to Zavier, after all she did to him. Freya felt how dumbfounded she was for even thinking that Zavier would brush it off this time as well.

Freya should've known.

I don't want to burden him anymore, I don't want him thinking of anything other than the Empire. He has been kind and sweet to me and all I did was push him away just because of the stupid plot of this novel I'm in.

The need to consider his side.

"Princess? What are you doing?" Luisa asked after witnessing Freya packing some of her clothes and jewelry with her.

"I'm packing my stuff, I am leaving." She replied not even throwing a glance at Luisa who looked worried.

She comes closer to Freya and stops her from doing so. "What? Why is that your highness? I believe his highness wouldn't allow you to do so." Freya stops what she was doing and looked at her eye to eye.

"He has to."

"B-but your highness!"

Freya shushed her. "You can't stop me, Luisa. I am doing this for the sake of the Empire."

Then, Luisa finally catches up. Something might have happened on the terrace that pushed her mistress on wanting to leave.

"I'll accompany you Princess."

Mouth wide open, Freya frowns. "What? You can't."

The lady held her hand. "Someone has to take care of that growing child, Princess. I want to witness every bit of it as I have grown with you, Your Highness."

"You have a future in the palace walls, why come with me?" Freya couldn't help but ask her that question.

It is true that she has a future in the palace, Freya couldn't take on the guilt of stripping her away from where she has a future on.

"Aside from my mother, only her highness acknowledged my intelligence." She smiled.

Luisa's Father had always been against her fond with studying as he thinks it is unnecessary. The Baron only wanted for her to wed into a wealthy family therefore he invested in buying her expensive dresses,

Even sending her daughter to be the Lady-in-waiting of the Crown Princess to which is now going to run away.

"Luisa."

"You cannot stop me from coming with you, Princess." Luisa said full of resistance, where it reached to the point where Freya can no longer stop her from doing so.

She flashed a smile and held Luisa's hand tighter. "I guess there's no helping it."

Freya's plan was simple. Escape the Palace without getting noticed, ask for Felix's help to leave the Capital and travel to he east and live a peaceful life.

But first, they have to escape, unnoticed. Once the night falls and the servants headed to bed, Luisa and Freya began to move. They sneaked through the halls and hid whenever a guard would pass by.

"Princess we cannot pass this one." Luisa whispers to her mistress. "I should go and distract them, once I do that please continue, Princess."

Freya pulls her wrist before she goes. "I will wait for you."

"Your Highness.."

"Now, Go!"

Freya had successfully left the palace grounds coming out of a broken wall. She waited for Luisa to come, after a while of waiting she began to panic.

Is she alright?

As she was about to enter back to get Luisa, she appeared right before her. "What took you so long? I got worried!" Freya exclaimed.

"Forgive me, Princess the guard was interrogating me but I managed to flee without him suspecting." She said proudly as beaming lights would come out behind her. "Now shall we go, Princess?"

Freya nodded.

In this adventure she is about to take, leaving Zavier without knowing a thing.