Chapter 34 : A Poison

"THAT BRAT!" A woman screamed in anger as she started throwing everything her hand touches in a mere second.

It was Empress Ellaine.

She was raging mad, broken glass were all over the room as she throws a fit, her lady-in-waiting looking at her scared and nervous.

"I will make sure to get rid of her, as soon as I can. That brat!" She yelled one more time.

Then, suddenly a knock on the door was heard. Her maid looked out to see who it was and it was none other that Vik.

As he entered, he looked at the mess seen on the floor as their was broken and shattered things.

"Your Majesty, what is all this?!" He asked furious.

"That mere brat is getting on my nerves!" She once more lets out her frustration by yelling.

Vik sighs. "Calm down, she is one clever woman. I told you not to underestimate her. "

The Empress taking deep Breaths as she sat on her couch across Vik's.

"She is really something, I was on my way to actually punish her myself then he called. I should've known she would use that play innocent move. Did you already knew that?" She ranted.

Every corner of the room was a mess where Ellaine always threw tantrums everytime she gets mad and utterly stressed.

Vik crosses his legs as he looks at the Empress. "I've worked with her so I would know obviously. "

"My sources was a bunch useless crap! The information they gave me about that brat seemed to be the opposite!" She blabbered as Vik listens to her.

Then after that she signals her two maids to leave the room.

The Empress Breathes heavily. "That woman. . Get rid of her–"

"What?!" Vik exclaimed which held the Empress aback.

"You dare not raise your voice at me!"

Vik lowers his gaze. "Forgive me. But she isn't part of the plan, just because you're annoyed with her presence doesn't mean we get to get rid of her."

The Empress could only roll her eyes as to what Vik blabbered about.

Indeed over these past few days, Vik never forgot about Freya. The intimacy they've shared. . Though he wonders whether what the woman felt about it especially not that she is married woman.

She made a deal to make me Emperor. .

"See? She's poison! Do you hear what you have just said? Don't tell me you've really fallen in love with that near to nothing brat?"

Speechless, he didn't know what to say.

The Empress stood up and went beside the man, as she stood behind him she began to caress his broad shoulders. .

" You could've married her if you were doing your task properly. Don't come telling me what to do and not to do as you had her wrap around your hands, once!"

With nothing to say Vik sighed. He knew what she said was nothing but the truth, he had Freya then. .

"Now, my son. Just work on finding and getting rid of Aurelia. I want her, out and that child with her as soon as possible."

Vik sighs. "I have already found her."

A big smile painted on her face after she heard the news. "Oh my, that's delightful. We can rush things out and you my dear, shall be Emperor."

A growing frustration on his face grew.
Freya already married Zavier, if Zavier's dead. . Then will she marry me?

The smiling Empress can't get enough of the news that just dropped. Knowing that another threat to her plan will be taken out and they'll have to focus on getting rid of the Crown Prince md its wife.

Though. . . Even of she knew that her son will be very much upset if that woman dies, if he wants to become Emperor he'll have to forget that woman.

——

"P-PRINCESS it's an honor having tea with you." Sahara gratefully said as she smiled.

Freya who enjoys the lady's presence just couldn't seem to stop smiling as she stare at the lady.

"No, it's an honor to have tea with you. You know I don't have friends other than you and so your presence lighten my very mood." Freya expressed.

She couldn't hide what she feels infront of the lady, for Freya she gives off a sense of comfort. The princess felt relieved and calm in her presence even before the first time they've met.

Sahara shyly smiled at her, "The Princess became the reason why I've gained courage to create acquaintance, I am thankful and forever indebted to you princess."

Freya, near to exploding because of the lady's genuine words she held unto Sahara's back hand placed on top of the table.

"I'm glad Sahara finally did that!"

"I also finally got s-suitors. ."

Eyes widened, Freya shockingly squealed in joy.  "Really?! That's awesome! I told you  that your pretty suitors will come running after you Sahara!"

Sahara blushed by the sudden Flattery.

"So, have you chosen someone yet?" Freya enthusiastically asked.

Silent, Sahara scratches her chin. "The decision isn't up to me princess, my Father will have to put his mind of someone soon."

Freya quite disappointed, she slouches and leans her back unto the chair crossing her arms.

"Is your Father the one getting married?" Sahara replied with her head shook side to side. "Then, how come he gets to make the choice when he isn't even the one getting married?"

"It's because, that's just how it is for others Princess. The Duke must be considerate of you since he allowed you choose whoever you want to marry, but not us. . Marriages are commonly made to benefit both sides of the family joint by a contract." Sahara explained where Freya could only frown in disagreement.

"That's not right."

"Well that is Princess in this society." Sahara opposed.

Freya new that Sahara has a point, though she remembers the modern times where she once lived.

"Don't you want to marry someone you love, sahara?" She asks, curious.

Sahara's face went blank as she went silent. "That is a dream, princess. A dream that'll stay a dream."

"We have this saying, If you really want it to happen there are many ways." She says. "So, fight for love as love isn't going to fight for itself."

Sahara could only feel her heart thump after what Freya had shared. Amazed by what the Princess says she smiles.

"As expected from you Princess." She compliments. "Is that what you also felt for His Highness?"

Freya was taken aback not expecting Sahara to ask for such question. "I am not quite sure of that yet. ."

The Lady slightly tilted her head to the side. "How come, Princess?"

"Yeah. . It's a bit complicated as of the moment." She said scratching her chin.