p r o l o g u e

"They say he likes a good time
My, oh my
He comes alive at midnight
Every night"

~-~-~

"M-Mr.Xander... I don't think that I should be here..." Mathew whispered while hiding behind me.

"Are you afraid?"

"No sir... But... I've never been to a strip club before..."

"This is how you learn," I muttered.

We made our way past the wealthy audience, pole dancers, and strippers. "It's always good to see you, Mr.Xander!" The bartender, Josh, grinned at me. "And is this a good friend of yours, sir?"

"He's my PA," I replied, taking a sip of my usual bland scotch.

"Glad to meet you, Blondie," Josh chuckled, earning a blush from my gay assistant.

"Let's get down to business. The brunette from last week, who is she?"

"You mean, Roxy? The one stripping against that pole?" Josh pointed at a girl.

It was the same one.

"You want her again? I thought you didn't do retakes, Mr.Xander," he chuckled.

"I want to marry her."

The sound of glass shattering was deafened by the overly loud music in the club. Josh had dropped a wine glass but he continued staring at me, wide-eyed and mouth agape.

"W-what?" Even Mathew couldn't believe his ears.

"I want to marry that girl. Roxy, or whatever her name is."

"She's just 23 though," Josh murmured, "And you're well over 30..."

"I'm 36 but I thought she was younger." Watching her strip wasn't too amusing, but I stared all the same. "Mathew, I brought you here to discuss all the details with Roxy. She's sure to have many questions."

"Wait, but why?" Josh interrupted me, "I mean, why her? You could get loads of other women!"

"You want me to list all the reasons accurately?"

"Yeah, dude." He crossed his arms.

"She's young, and probably the most gorgeous little thing I've ever seen. She has the perfect body any man would crave. Most importantly, she's physically and mentally flexible hence she'll do whatever I want. Besides, might as well give me an heir."

"But do you love her, sir?" Mathew whispered.

"She was the best fuck so far," I stated calmly.

"Okay, you clearly need more scotch." Josh poured me another glass.

"Tell me about her," I turned to him.

"What? No, you're insane, Mr.Xander..."

I took a hundred-dollar bill from my wallet and handed it to him.

"You can't bribe me."

I made it two hundred.

He groaned and snatched it from my hands, "She's new here. It hasn't even been two weeks since she came."

It made sense that I hadn't seen her previously.

"She ditched college or something and wanted to live on her own, but ended up here. She says she likes the job though. I don't know if she means it, but she's a huge flirt. Roxy would do anything for money but I don't think she'd go as far as to marry you..."

"Does she have a family?"

"Uh, I don't know. She never talks about it... But hey, she's currently the best one here. And I agree that she's very pretty but you can find better women, Mr.Xander."

"I want a trophy wife who loves sex, Josh. Not some angelic girl who tries to change me. Call her here."

"She has like five customers tonight..."

"Tell her that I'll pay double."

"But-"

"Josh," I glared at him, "You seem to like Roxy a lot and I believe that's the reason you're hesitating. Like it or not, she'll be my wife. Go fetch her."

Josh obeyed without another word.

"Mr.Xander, sir-"

"What I told him applies to you as well, Matthew," I glared, "Don't overstep your boundaries."

He looked down at his feet and kept fidgeting with his fingers.

"Stop that," I snapped and he immediately dropped his hands.

"Mr.Xander-"

"You're fired, Mathew."

He looked up at me in horror.

"But I didn't-"

"You can leave."

"Please, Mr.Xander... I can't afford to pay my sister's hospital bills without this job."

"Do I look like I care? Her funeral won't be at my expense. Get the fuck out of my sight."

His eyes filled to the brim, "Mr.Xander... I don't know who Roxy is but she's younger than me... She must have hopes and dreams of becoming something great... Don't stop her here..."

I scoffed, "She's a gold digger. She has no dreams. Don't show your face again."

Mathew walked away and out of the club. Soon enough, Josh appeared with Roxy.

"Hey, handsome." She sat beside me with a brilliant smile. "Hold on, I remember you from somewhere..."

"We had sex last week."

"Oh right," she chuckled.

Roxy gasped the next instant, "You were that guy with that huge hotel-like place! God, I loved that bed..."

"You can sleep in it for the rest of your life."

"Huh?" She glanced at Josh, then back at me.

"Come home with me." I left an extra tip for Josh so that he'd keep quiet and grabbed the girl's wrist.

"Hold on!" She pulled away from me, "What do you want, mister?"

I handed her my business card, "You seem to have a bad memory... My name is Leonardo Xander and I want to marry you."

Welp, again imma tell you that this is not cliché

Welp, again imma tell you that this is not cliché. Please don't ditch the book yet 😭

Lyrics: My Oh My  by Camila Cabello

Do vote and comment!

I love hearing from my readers. It also motivates me to update as often as possible <3

Have a great day!

Last Edited - 12/05/24