~ ~ When Strangers Bond ~ ~

JIM DESERVES A CHAPTER OF HIS OWN <3

Leana Campbell, the lawyer's wife, entered the kitchen as soon as her husband drank his second glass of scotch. She looked concerned and even the ballerina turned to her in confusion.

"Honey, take it easy, okay?"

"Don't worry," Jeffrey smiled.

Leana reminded me of someone. An old memory, a fond one.

Scarlett.

She was in her late twenties, working at a bank. I had never met anyone as kind and polite as her in my life. Scarlett had always been well-mannered, properly dressed, and quiet. Her glasses and frizzy hair made her even more adorable. As every girl brought up in a dignified family, she knew to steer clear of reckless boxers such as myself.

But I didn't.

Years ago, at a late-night match, Scarlett's younger brother who was a fanatic about boxing had been in the audience. I won the match, of course, and as the referee lifted my arm in the ring, I saw her. She was struggling to take her brother home who was drunk and excited.

Being the twenty-eight-something man who had never seen someone as delicate as her before, I was struck.

Scarlett knew that I was looking at her, she looked terrified. I smiled.

After that match, I got familiar with her brother and bought him drinks. She believed that I was a bad influence on him. Of course I was. As a person, I was known to be the worst kind. Erratic.

I used her brother just to get close to her, and I did.

After long struggles to win her trust, I finally managed to make her fall in love with me.

Even I loved her. I loved her so fucking much.

It was possessive, violent, and toxic, but I convinced her that it was love.

She was naive. She believed in our illusion.

I stole her from her family. They hated me. I still remember her father begging my drunk self to let her return home, but I didn't listen.

In over a year, we got married but her parents never attended the function. She was disheartened, but I had gotten the hang of manipulating her.

***

"It's alright, baby. They'll get used to it and they'll call you. Trust me. You know I love you, right?"

Scarlett looked unsure as she snuggled under the sheets, "I love you too but..."

"No buts, Scar. We love each other, that's all that matters," I hugged her tightly. The dependence she had on her parents was always annoying. She didn't need them when she had me.

"Imagine..." I whispered while kissing the top of her head, "...They definitely won't be able to stay mad at you if we gift them a child."

She looked up, startled, "W-what?"

I grinned and kissed her.

Scarlett pulled back immediately, "Jim... But you said that-"

"Think about it." I sighed, "That's the next step after getting married, right?"

She looked away from me and I took that opportunity to get on top of her. I pinned her by the wrists, my grip was tight and she realized it. I was sick of her bullshit.

"Y-You're hurting me, Jim..."

I smiled at her and brought her hands to my lips, "I'm sorry. But you know, children make everyone happy. Let's not wait for too long, Scar."