32: Home

"El Dorado summer and the wind is hot
Get a little wild, give you what you want
Hands all on my body, make me feel overloved"

~-~-~

The security guard outside the gates of my mansion gasped upon seeing my car. He hurried to open the gates as I drove into my garage.

"Was it this big before?" Chelsea asked while looking around.

We got out with Lucy in her mother's arms. I caressed her light brown hair that had been messed up from the wind. "You're finally home, Cupcake," Chelsea kissed her before I took her in my arms.

"Is Lara still here? And Alvarez?" She asked me while wrapping her arms around mine as we went up the stairs to my lawn.

"According to Mathew, she should be around."

Watching the house that I had carefully selected and cared for felt amazing. It belonged to me again. From now on, it will always be mine. Surprisingly, the lawn was freshly mowed and the pool had been cleaned recently.

We walked over to the sliding glass door that led to the kitchen, it was wide open. Chelsea squeezed my hand tighter upon seeing the people in front of us.

Lara was there. She was sitting by the counter with a cup of coffee in her hands. Alvarez was right next to her and hopped off the counter upon seeing us.

But the presence of Trent made my blood boil.

He was sitting beside Lara, dumbstruck.

"Chelsea!" Lara practically threw herself at my wife, squeezing the life out of her. Chelsea laughed, "It's so good to see you!"

"Oh my god, I was so worried. I heard about the accident and everything. How have you been!? Are you alright?" Lara pulled back while holding Chelsea's face in her hands.

"I'm all better now!" She beamed.

Even Alvarez came forward to shake Chelsea's hand as wildly as possible. "I'm so glad that you're back! I missed you, Chelsea! And you too, Mr.Xander!" He grinned.

When had he grown so fond of me?

Both Lara and Alvarez had their eyes fixed on Lucy but neither of them knew what to say. I glanced at Trent, he was too shocked to say anything.

"Come here," Chelsea took Lucy from my arms, "This is my little Lucy."

"Our." I corrected.

"Our little Lucy," she chuckled.

My stunned workers stared at me for far too long, then at Lucy. Their eyes were gleaming.

"She's pretty, right?"

"She looks like an absolute angel!" Alvarez gasped.

"I've never seen a baby this beautiful before," Lara beamed, reaching out to hold her. I watched them like a hawk. If she wasn't utterly careful with my daughter I'd fire her or make her life a living hell.

"I thought... it was going to be a boy...?" Trent finally uttered something. The homewrecker was capable of speaking.

"Things happened," I replied, my cold gaze on him.

Lucy yawned in the middle of the commotion.

"She must be tired... I'll go put her to bed."

"The baby's room is all ready," Lara grinned.

"You fixed it even though we were gone?" I cocked a brow.

"I knew that you'd be back soon, Mr.Xander. It's not like you to give up," she smiled before leading my wife upstairs.