𝟬𝟬𝟭, dream summer

Chapter OneDream Summer

Chapter One
Dream Summer

EDEN'S FATHER USED TO SAY : Good things often come after the storm, while bad things come by invading us in one shot.

          She had been waiting since she was fourteen to see beautiful things come to wrap her in a strong embrace. The first good thing was her fake relationship with John B, then her new best friend, her love for strawberries ( well, it's been since she was one year old, but who cares? ), her improved relationship with her brother. But as Thomas Perez has often said, bad things come by invading us in one shot without worrying about all the blows that will pierce us.

          When the bad things started to invade her everywhere like a gust of wind so strong that it makes you move on the spot, Eden lost faith in luck. She believed that whatever happened to her was either because she deserved it, either because God just wanted to hurt her for some unknown reason. She never thought about the fact that everything that happened to her was probably because of all the sadness and the abuse she gave to her body since the disappearance of her father. For her, only evil could be the king of this misfortune. She didn't want to think there was a specific reason for these problems, she preferred to ignore them like a smoke of air.

As Taylor Swift said in a song : Everything you lose is a step you take. And yet. . . Even though Eden was the biggest fan of this woman, she couldn't believe these words. On the contrary, she always had the impression of walking in place as on an escalator. She couldn't reach the top of the hill, which would mean she had made it out. And it pissed her off that she couldn't get better. She wanted to get better, she was ready. Her heart was broken, but her head was still working perfectly. So why? Why couldn't she smile for real and stop crying?

Here is the answer : Because she lost the most important person to her. Not her father, not her old friend ( who was a bitch, by the way ), but because she had let go of the only person who really loved her. Like, really fucking loved her! Well, that's what she believed sometimes, and just sometimes. Every time she thought of him, she felt like she was just another normal person to him. She was worth nothing to him, to her dog, to her neighbor, to her friends, to anyone. But who said that? None other than her manipulative mind.

"You just have to see yourself as everyone sees you. That is, be the little rebel they think you are. Don't be the one who cries over boys." Josie Collins, Eden's best friend, said when she had found her lying on the bathroom floor, the box of tissues in her hands.

That's when Eden Blair Winslow realized that no one ever considered her as she was, so why be herself when she can be ten different personalities in one day? She wasn't a mean girl, she never was. But a rage grew inside her, a rage that few can understand, but John Booker Routledge was the only one who understood it. Until they screw it up.