𝟬𝟭𝟲, confessions under water

THE WAY I LOVED YOU   /    016                                    OUTER BANKS₊˚ ୨ ♡ ୧ ˚₊ — confessions under water

THE WAY I LOVED YOU / 016
OUTER BANKS
₊˚ ୨ ♡ ୧ ˚₊ — confessions under water

ONE THING WAS SURE FOR EDEN SINCE John B had moved in her house: she was probably going to end up fleeing.

Just knowing that he was there, right in the room next to her, sent signals through her head that she wished she could avoid. Every morning, when he went to his shower, and came out with only a towel around his waist, Eden covered her eyes, brushing his shoulder and then heading towards the kitchen. When he was leaving to see the Pogues, and popped into Eden's room just to piss her off for fun and then ran back out. It was only small gestures that nevertheless made big steps towards a. . . Friendship?

Eden spent most of the last few days just relaxing, refusing messages from Rafe who was always harassing her. She took advantage of those days to watch her mother act as if nothing had happened, talking to John B as if they had known each other for a very long time ( which is actually true ). Usually, what happened after a while like at Midsummers, Yasmina comes to her daughter talking to her about dinner, it was always like that. Why dinner, don't know. Wasn't it a little too easy to forgive her? Yes, but Eden did it anyway. She forgave her, but never forgot the wounds she had just buried in her chest. They were still there, the scars stuck to her heart the more she tried to forget them.

Eden made no effort to reconcile with her mother. She was playing with fire, and she knew it. But she let herself float in the water, swimming between different waves which took her away from what was left of her, taking her to an unknown desert island. She didn't want to apologize, didn't want to have to be cowardly. She wanted to be the one who put fear in her eyes like she did so well. She propagated the thought of never being like her mother, but she had the impression of becoming more and more so. A nightmare stuck inside her, thinking about it day and night.

However, she had plenty of sources that managed to make her drift towards something other than this single thought.

Like a treasure hunt.

Eden was sitting on the Chateau's dining table, her legs placed on the chair in front of her. A smile was placed on her lips as JJ proudly explained that they had found gold. Not that she doubted them — she did — but she thought it was too good to be true. John B patiently awaited the arrival of Sarah who had joined the group for good. Eden still wasn't sure it was a good idea, but did she really have a say? She did it, so Sarah has every right to do it too.