𝟬𝟭𝟬, she couldn't let him go

THE WAY I LOVED YOU   /    010                                    OUTER BANKS₊˚ ୨ ♡ ୧ ˚₊ — she couldn't let him go

                                    OUTER BANKS
₊˚ ୨ ♡ ୧ ˚₊ — she couldn't let him go

          THE FOLLOWING FOUR DAYS AFTER THAT NIGHT, Eden spent them sleeping in her bed, eating ice cream, and listening to her favorite shows. She used to act like it was nothing, to lie. Anyway, no one knew what had happened, but she refused to leave her house and find the world. She only agreed to take in Drea and Sarah, while Josie spent her days with Caden, doing weird couple things. Whatever messages Rafe sent her went to the place of strangers. She didn't want to continue pretending that she loved him just to continue to be accepted in the group.

          That's what happened during the day. At night, it was much more different. When darkness fell on the island, Eden took her backpack, then went out through her window to join the Pogues. It was her little moment of decompression. She needed it, she needed to decompress after finding out what happened the night of four days ago. As she had dreaded, all the moments came back to her and the pieces of the puzzle were put together, like she wanted it. She felt ashamed and above all unpleasant for having been a bitch to John B. So she went to see him. She apologized and thanked him every day they saw each other. Well, every night, actually.

           And Eden began little by little to like the excitement which floated in her when she was surrounded by her three former friends, and the little Carrera who made efforts to appreciate her. And it works. But don't exaggerate too much. Kiara hasn't asked her to go save turtles together yet, so it's not winning yet for Eden. For the moment, the two girls were only a Pogue and a Kook who tries to find each other other than boys, or assholes ( for Eden ) as friends.

          But Eden was not going to be the one who was going to confide. She always had this habit of thinking that her problems didn't interest anyone, and that it was useless for others to know about them. They were just flaws in her life that often make her doubt herself, or even hate her because she believes that all her problems came to her by fate. She still has this thought swirling around in her head that what happened, happened because it had to. Nothing is done by chance. Each success, each failure, problems or anything, is meant to be destined and make us go back and then move forward. And the opposite. For Eden, she was taking several steps back at the moment, and no one was able to stop her. She will back up until she hits bottom. . .

          "Eden," Pope said loudly to wake her up. She jumped, raising her head where a sheet of paper was stuck to her cheek. He chuckled, playing with his pencil between his fingers. "Are you okay? We can stop if you want."