𝟬𝟬𝟳, just a lost girl

THE WAY I LOVED YOU   /    007                                    OUTER BANKS₊˚ ୨ ♡ ୧ ˚₊ — just a lost girl

                                    OUTER BANKS
₊˚ ୨ ♡ ୧ ˚₊ — just a lost girl

WHEN EDEN JOINED THE KOOKS, she had felt for a mini second that she had succeeded in building a kind of life in which she would not have to worry about if she could eat this day. She was in the middle of a new world, and she didn't even know if it was good or not. She had so many questions to ask the Kooks. And that's what she did. On the second day she switched sides, she decided to go to a party at the Thorntons'. Eden still didn't know anything about this kind of thing. She used to go to the beach with the Pogues and surf until 1:00 a.m. That was their kind of party. But with the rich it was quite very different. They were drinking alcohol, playing fetch, but they had a curfew to end the party.

Anyway, when Eden saw that, her fucking head nearly exploded. She didn't know where to set foot, what to do with the beer that lay in her hand. She had no idea who was around her. So, that's when she decided to step forward to a group of girls. She politely asked them what it was like to live in Figure Eight, and you know what they did? They laughed in her face before shouting that she was just a Pogue. Eden hadn't known that it would cause such a big problem, or even that they had managed to notice a Pogue.

That's when she said to herself in her head: My life is screwed up here. The Kooks already didn't like her, so what she did was just run. She fled this party. Eden ran like crazy to stop hearing all the filthy words that were shouting at her. It was like a thousand knives that smashed her back even deeper. Tears streamed down her cheek, causing her black mascara to fall like rain. Her skin shone in the moonlight, but all she did was run.

She ran towards him. John Booker Routledge. When she arrived in front of the Chateau that evening, her purple dress stuck to her body, she only had to take one step and she would be in the arms of her best friend again. Nothing would be different. They wouldn't have had an argument about their fake relationship, Eden wouldn't have left without saying goodbye to him, John B wouldn't have told her that she was nothing to him. It would have been just a bad memory. But Eden decided otherwise.

The Kooks' words came back to her like a whiplash, making her realize that to be accepted, she had to leave her past behind. Everyone knows that to move forward in life, you have to leave your past behind. That's what she did. She left John B behind. JJ and Pope, too. Heyward, Big John. The giggles that lasted for ten minutes, their surfing evening. It all ended the day she decided to turn her back on them.