𝟬𝟭𝟭, nothing is perfect for eternity

THE WAY I LOVED YOU   /    011                                    OUTER BANKS₊˚ ୨ ♡ ୧ ˚₊ — nothing is perfect for eternity

THE WAY I LOVED YOU / 011
OUTER BANKS
₊˚ ୨ ♡ ୧ ˚₊ — nothing is perfect for eternity

THE QUESTION RUNNING IN EDEN'S HEAD the day after she received a box was : who is Denmark Tanny, actually?

A new letter had been sent, but now accompanied by several old photos of this guy. . . Denmark Tanny. The letter only gave a thousand explanations about how he managed to become rich while he was a slave. Gold was his escape route. And a place called Chapel Hill, too. Eden was losing her mind with all this. She didn't know where to line up, but she knew the only person who had a pass for that spot.

She was currently sitting in her father's study, playing with the letter in her hand. Her eyebrows furrowed in collision as she paced. The hard part wasn't asking Sarah for a pass to Chapel Hill, but not being able to tell her why she needed one.

          "Yeah. Chapel Hill, that's all. I want. . . I want to learn more about, um, Denmark Tanny." Eden added, unsure of what she had just said, why she gritted her teeth together.

          She briefly heard Sarah sigh. "Eden, if you go, I absolutely have to come with you. You're not a Cameron, they won't let you pass, dude."

          Eden nodded to herself, and although Sarah was right, she still had to try something. "I could say I'm your sister. I think Denmark has something to do with my dad's disappearance, so I really need to go, Sar."

          The percent chance that Sarah accepted was exactly 50%. She wasn't fooled, she knew that something was wrong with what Eden was saying. How could she suddenly learn about a guy who's been dead a long time? But she had a heart too, and though she tried to figure out what it was like to lose a father, she didn't know it. So she wanted to give Eden a chance to find out one day.

          "Fi— Fine. I'm gonna give you the pass."

          Eden stopped herself from jumping to the ceiling, smiling with all her teeth. "Thank you! Thank you, really!"

          Sarah sounded a sneer in Eden's ears. "Yeah. That's nothing. Just. . . Just be careful, okay? Come over to my house later, I'll give it to you." Eden smiled before hanging up, and gave herself permission to jump like a grasshopper.

          She began to put her stuff in her bag, anything that might be essential for her research, and went to close the office door when a knock on a window made her stop. Her body turned quickly, only to then roll her eyes at the face in front of her. His eyes gave the impression that he was in a hurry, but also bad for having found refuge here.