𝟬𝟭𝟰, lonely in her white dress

THE WAY I LOVED YOU   /    014                                    OUTER BANKS₊˚ ୨ ♡ ୧ ˚₊ — lonely in her white dress

THE WAY I LOVED YOU / 014
OUTER BANKS
₊˚ ୨ ♡ ୧ ˚₊ — lonely in her white dress

10 minutes. . .

THE WINSLOW FAMILY HAD ARRIVED A LITTLE EARLY to finish the decorations to make sure everything was in place for the the party of the year. Noah was currently gobbling up all the vanilla cupcakes with pink cream for the guests, while Yasmina and Fred were in front of a photographer, posing in different ways. Eden, she remained seated in her white dress and her flower headband on the top of her head. She was patiently waiting for Sarah ( the two had decided to dress as twins ), watching the couple in the distance kissing for a photo. When a frank smile appeared on Yasmina's lips, Eden could almost have said that she was a happy girl for her mother. But no, she was just a girl accepting her mother's boyfriend and trying to be nicer to him. Eden wasn't happy, she was just aware of her mother's joy and it did her good and hurt at the same time.

          Yasmina had forgotten about Thomas Perez from the day he died, she was already beginning to walk forward when the police confessed to her. During this time, there was Eden who was stepping back and who was hurting every wall she had managed to build in her life. She was hurt that her mother acted like he never existed. Every time Yasmina spoke of him, it was like decades in the past. She didn't even mind saying he was dead. Your father had been dead for more than ten months, for me, Eden. Had Eden lived in a lie all her life? Had the love between her parents ever been real, or was it just a child's illusion?

28 minutes. . .

The place is already filled in less than fifteen minutes. The guests all started arriving in their expensive, colorful dresses which filled the room in a rainbow from the outside, but inside it was still the Kooks. Eden had fun writing down people's dresses and suits on a piece of handkerchief, while they were already talking about work. None of her friends had arrived yet, and she swears that if she finds herself here alone, she will take the first bottle of vodka and go home.

Noah was playing at approaching grandmothers and trying to make them dance, receiving grimaces from Eden who was making fun of him, saying that he lacked the charm to do that. But he outwitted his sister to try to get a grandfather to dance. Although she had nothing to do, and it was probably the least hypocritical thing of the evening, she accepted without even thinking about what her mother was going to say when she saw her doing it in the distance.

45 minutes. . .

Well, she was right. After successfully getting four grandfathers to dance to four different musics, Eden took herself to a secluded room to get yelled at by her mother about her lack of immaturity and what people thought of her seeing her. Yasmina was ( absolutely not ) careful to mention that people looked at her with judgment and disapproval. Eden didn't even try to contradict her mother, she only looked at her pointing her finger at her and staring at her lips which kept ripping words at her. When Yasmina told her to get out, Eden sighed and went back to sit down.