𝟬𝟭𝟮, when we were young

THE WAY I LOVED YOU   /    012                                    OUTER BANKS₊˚ ୨ ♡ ୧ ˚₊ — when we were young

THE WAY I LOVED YOU / 012
OUTER BANKS
₊˚ ୨ ♡ ୧ ˚₊ — when we were young

          EDEN WINSLOW AND JOHN B ROUTLEDGE. Two children who suddenly find each other thanks to their father's treasure hunt. Today they were the ones who were on the way to this silly treasure hunt. But these two weren't always obsessed with money. They were young too, they didn't care about the money falling everywhere except above them. Eden and John B never gave much importance to the orange papers dancing in the hands of the Kooks. Their thoughts were just to have as much fun as possible before becoming teenagers who would sleep for hours, drink beer, then have a boyfriend ( or girlfriend, of course ). Their life would be just a repeated pastime.

          But at the age of ten, they still had their whole lives ahead of them. Whenever a Kook approached them, in their eyes they were skunks. They had to run away from them.

But one day, it ended badly. John B and Eden had decided to go to the other side of the island, on Figure Eight. They just wanted to eat their favorite ice cream with their ten bucks. Then of course, the Kooks had to show up. He was a tall boy, with small muscles on his arms. His eyes were full of darkness and fury. A girl was with him, but she didn't do anything. Her golden blond hair that fell on her shoulders already showed her tenderness. She meant no harm. And two other boys came up behind them, surrounding them in a fairly small circle. At that moment, John B already knew that it was going to end shitty, but Eden was no longer afraid of the Kooks. She wasn't afraid of getting hit, she was used to it.

So when the meanest boy in the gang nudged her, she only closed her eyes for a microsecond, not wanting to show him that she was going to run away like always. JB was scared. Not for him, but for the girl by his side. He didn't understand what she was doing, so he took her little wet hand with the small drops that were already making their way on their body. She didn't want to leave. Eden wanted to stay in front of them and show her big eyes. But when a boy behind them dared to take John B by the arm, she swelled with anger even more. He tried so hard to struggle, it didn't work. And it's when Eden was turning her eyes towards each person that she saw the injustice floating in the eyes of the little blonde who clung to the arm of the boy next to her.

The blondie yelled at the boy to let go, saying he hadn't done anything wrong to deserve this. And he listened to her. John B was let go of the boy's grip, and Eden approached him, taking him by the shoulders. No eyes were cast on them. John B and Eden only threw their ice cream which was now melted in their cone, and they went far away from them.

The walk home was quiet as their hoods were over their heads, providing minimal protection from the rain. And it was even more shit when they saw that the Chateau was locked, and Eden's house was getting water in it because of the hole in the roof. It was then that they stood outside as the cold winds and hard rain fell on them.