𝟬𝟭𝟱, the mask of secrets

THE WAY I LOVED YOU   /    015                                    OUTER BANKS₊˚ ୨ ♡ ୧ ˚₊ — the mask of secrets

THE WAY I LOVED YOU / 015
OUTER BANKS
₊˚ ୨ ♡ ୧ ˚₊ — the mask of secrets

IF YOU COULD ASK EDEN HOW SHE felt at that exact moment as she ran through the forest in her white dress that made waves as she moved, with Sarah Cameron by her side, she would surely have said : nothing. She felt herself sinking into a black hole, her feet were only two thin branches of a tree that clung to each other so as not to let go once and for all. Her eyes stung as if thousands of eyelashes were circulating in them. It was Sarah who came to find her fifteen minutes after she disappeared. Then when she entered the bathroom where Eden was sitting two seconds ago, instead she found Eden in front of the mirror arranging her flower crown which kept falling. The blonde didn't ask any questions and only told her friend that it was almost midnight.

She had seen nothing. Sarah had only entered a bathroom which was now haunted by Eden's dried tears on the floor. It was just a transparent illusion flying through the air to take refuge in her even more secure stone body. When she turned back to Sarah, she pointed to her crown with a discouraged smile. Not a word after dared to place on her lips. She left them closed while the sweet blonde behind her arranged her crown. Every second she feared that her mother would resurface and make a scene in front of Sarah. Her hands were an earthquake clinging to the sink, until they came out of this abnormally small room according to Eden's thoughts which saw her getting smaller every minute.

And as she ran through the woods hearing the cracking braches, the birds communicating with each other, and the moon resting above the sea, she had no idea what she must be feeling. All feelings have a different meaning at each specific moment in life. She didn't want to feel the pain because that would mean she was loose, but tears forming themselves in the corner of her eyes. She didn't want to think about her cowardice, because she wanted to think of herself as strong as her heart was. Eden didn't want to feel anything anymore, so she just let the wind take her where it wanted her to go. And strangely, she was going through the forest to find him who took her under the stars this evening.

          Eden was only sure of one thing now: she was never going to be enough for anyone. Jer being just wasn't perfect, not lovable enough. She was strictly just what people wanted her to be. But if she wanted to be who she wanted to be, did she have the right or it would turn into a dark sin of her life? She never thought she would one day be so hurt on what people think. She used to be the one who didn't care what the person walking by her might wonder as she danced down the street, and now she's the one who buys every little remark about herself. Eden had nevertheless succeeded this evening in being a little more of herself, but it took too many steps to make everything swing again.