𝟬𝟭𝟵, girlhood

( CHAPTER NINETEEN )GIRLHOOD

GIRLHOOD

          GIRLHOOD WAS SUCH A LITTLE WORD WITH SO MUCH EXPERIENCE YET. A girl's life is, well, different for everyone. Nothing's like boy's life. Something is happening in girlhood. Happiness, sadness, breakup, friendship, the joy of achieving something, of showing one's worth. It's also the thing about feeling too much or not enough, to never be thanked for the things you do. Boys will never understand this affection of feeling accepted, or just feeling good about our body or just feeling like we should—ourselves. Eden was in girlhood, and for once, she was finally touching the happy side of girlhood. Her sadness hadn't gone away, but she was only beginning to understand that even if it's not completely gone, she can at least have the pleasure of enjoying this side of her life with the people she wants.

          And it started from now.

          The following night of the little confession between the girls when Eden was tricked by the boys into following them in their plan, it was finally time to go look for the treasure that led to this whole thing. When she thinks about it, everything wouldn't have happened if she hadn't received that stupid letter after the party on the beach. The moment after that night when she decided to go see the Pogues, she already knew she was crossing the line. And she was quite happy to have taken the risk. Even with all the trouble it took her, she had more fun this last month with them than she had with the Kooks in a year. We can't fit in everywhere. Eden was not made for Kooks. Her place was in the middle of the chaos with people out of the ordinary.

          "You're going to make me fall!" She shouted in a whisper to John B who had his hands clinging to hers trying to pull her out of the window. "We should have just taken the door. Damn it."

          "Yasmina would have seen us. And Fred, and Noah, and Bella. And the whole neighborhood—"

          She said with a sigh, "Okay, I get it. Stop talking. Gotta concentrate. . ." She passed the second foot outside the window, almost hitting the brunette, and finally landed on the roof with a heavy noise. Eden caught her breath, risking making even more noise as John B waited to see if anyone had heard the noise.

          No signal.

          They took their backpacks, and John B followed her to the edge of the roof, right in front of the trampoline. Eden stood frozen, turning towards the Routledge boy who was mentally and physically preparing to jump into it.

          "Are you completely crazy? I'm not jumping." She admitted, crossing her arms.

          John B rolled his eyes. "Do you have a better plan, besides throwing yourself off the roof? Because seriously, that's our only solution right now."