𝟬𝟭𝟯, lost in the labyrith of my mind

THE WAY I LOVED YOU   /    013                                    OUTER BANKS₊˚ ୨ ♡ ୧ ˚₊ — lost in the labyrith of my mind

                                    OUTER BANKS
₊˚ ୨ ♡ ୧ ˚₊ — lost in the labyrith of my mind

TWO DAYS AFTERWARDS, EDEN FOUND HERSELF surrounded by wealthy people, carrying tables in their arms as well as fake plants. With Midsummers approaching, Eden has been forced to help Yasmina ( in fact, the whole neighborhood ) set up the hall, contacted the guests, the cooks and the security there will be. Not that she wasn't in the mood to do this, but with everything going on on the Pogues side, and even on the Kooks side as well, she wouldn't mind just spending one more day lie in bed watching romance movies. But no, Yasmina had decided otherwise. Eden had been forced to spend all day calling, and bringing boxes in trucks so that it could go to the building where Midsummers would take place.

          Eden just didn't understand why she had to do all this work while Noah was content to walk between the house and the garden, beers full of hands. It only took him forty minutes to do that, and then he was free as a bird to fly back with his little friends who didn't give a damn but watch Eden deal with all this. But she just said nothing, and let it go this time.

Despite. . . Eden hated for god's sake Midsummers. She only went once as a real guest, and not a person who just crashed with JJ and John B to join Pope who was helping his dad with the food. Everything always seemed too much to her. Too much money, too many hypocrites, too many hundred dollar suits and dresses. She never really understood the purpose with this party. In her head, it only wanted to prove their wealth and their pleasure to come and brag about what they do in their lives. Every time someone came to talk to her, it was to explain his stuff about work, important trips, or just how they want to transform all of Outer Banks.

Most of her time at parties like this, Eden found herself sitting at a table alone, beer in hand as she laid her eyes on each person who dared approach her, then shook her head. She didn't like how they could all dance without realizing that the people they danced with didn't even care about them for real. It was just an excuse to approach each other and then steal the most money from the other by offering them contracts. All were so naive to see anything coming. But Eden said nothing. What was the point of informing them when they were all going to look at each other, and burst out laughing in front of this one girl who seemed to care about something other than money?

Even though Eden had said yes to help Yasmina with the decorations and the arrangement of the hall, she had no intention of putting a single toe at this stupid party which was still going to make lies, money fly but above all, pride in each Kooks who can earn the gratitude of someone in this place. She just wanted to spend her night with her stuffed polar bear ( Potato ) and listen to every movie that came to her eyes as her hands squeezed into her bowl of popcorn.