𝟬𝟬𝟴, the in-between

THE WAY I LOVED YOU   /    008                                    OUTER BANKS₊˚ ୨ ♡ ୧ ˚₊ — the in-between

                                    OUTER BANKS
₊˚ ୨ ♡ ୧ ˚₊ — the in-between

          THE NEXT MORNING, EDEN KNEW WITH CERTAINTY that it was the right choice she was making. The choice to join once and for all the Pogues to help them in this treasure hunt. After discovering some pretty weird and intriguing stuff with John B in her dad's office, she knew she had to do it. Eden had convinced herself last night, while she was looking at pictures of Thomas and herself, that it wasn't just a coincidence what was happening. There had to be a reason, it had to.

          And after all, what could go bad with that? It's just a group of five young teenagers who have nothing to do with their summer so they embark on a treasure hunt. Nothing was going to go wrong. Nothing could go wrong.

"Hey, guys!" Eden saluted, pushing the door of the porch with her foot, snacks full of her arms. "I have a few things for us during our little work, y'know." When her face finally lifted to the four people watching her with curiosity, anger, seriousness, and a smirk, she curved her lips in a straight line. "Or. . . We can eat no snacks at all."

JJ's eyes wandered between his friends and Eden. Although he's loyal to his homies, the food was screaming inside him. The blond jumped to his feet, earning a furious look from Kiara. "What did you bring?"

Eden moved her gaze away from John B and started looking for the food she had specifically brought for JJ. "Uh, for you, I took Skittles. Sour, of course." JJ pointed his fist in the air, pleased. Eden sneered before taking some M&M's for Pope, threw him. "For you."

Pope gave a smile. "Thank you, Ed'."

She nodded, then took a step toward Kiara, exiting the Sour Patch Kids. "I didn't know what you liked, but everyone likes these candies so. . ."

Carrera stared at her for a moment before finally taking them. Eden understood Kiara's attitude. If she too had to accept that an old friend returns to the group after almost a year without news, she would not be happy and even less kind to this person. She would even be the first person to protect her best friends, not wanting them to be sad again because of the same person. Eden blamed herself for leaving, for having left everything behind, but there was no going back in the future. So she was going to have to endure Kiara's depleting sentences and act like it didn't bother her.

It was like that with every girl. To be accepted, you have to prove yourself.

"And for you," She stopped in front of John B as she looked at the two bags of candy in front of her. One was their favorite, the one they shared together during their evening together. The other was a simple bundle of multicolored liquorice. Eden sighed before throwing him the simple thing. "Hope you like it." She said in an irritated tone, turning on her heels to walk away and take a chair by the door.