𝟬𝟬𝟮, pretty girls don't cry

Chapter TwoPretty Girls Don't Cry

Chapter Two
Pretty Girls Don't Cry

THE WINSLOW FAMILY HAS ALWAYS BEEN KNOWN for the miracle that fell out of nowhere on the Outer Banks. They were once, those people who had nothing, and one day everything was put in place and life smiled on them even more. Some of the people believed that it was only luck, that it couldn't be what they had managed to accomplish after years. And the other people, they decided to believe in the true story, and to think that everything was possible after that. And there were people like Eden, who believed that what had happened was only because it had to happen, that it was the destiny of her life.

          But now it's your turn to make up your own mind. Here is the story of their life. . . Thomas Perez, a man who worked with Heyward, but who only dreamed of one thing : to find treasures, to discover the world. He wanted to live things, but it was not possible with the little money he had. And then, Yasmina Winslow, she worked as a nurse, but all her money that she earned was just to pay for the house and to feed her two children.

          Eden didn't know John B, JJ and Pope for nothing. She knew them because she was living the same life as them before she fell into the hands of OBX's wealth. She spent her childhood days with them, stealing food from stores when it was night, going to the beach and bringing back shells ( and crabs that JJ and JB collected, while Eden and Pope were busy taking starfish in their hands),  and spending nights imagining what life would be like as a rich man. But Eden has always been closer to John B, and there were reasons. Thomas and Big John were teammates in finding treasures, so sometimes she accompanied her father and stayed with JB all day ( and night, sometimes ).

          Everything changed the day Thomas Perez embarked on an adventure alone, without telling Big John, then came back with gold in his hands. Never, really never, Eden and even Yasmina Winslow knew how he had succeeded. He kept the secret, and took the gold to buy one of this houses on Figure Eight. The girl always asked the question, how and why? How had he found this gold, and why didn't he want to talk about it? She never got an answer because a few months later Mr. Perez decided he was going to go to sea and never come back.

End of the story.

         Eden looked at the stuffed polar bear in front of her who seemed to be listening attentively with his big black eyes, and his ears cocked forward. "Oh, but what happened after that?" She said, taking the high-pitched voice of a five-year-old child.

She plopped down on her bed, feeling anything but silly when she talked to her teddy bear. "The end is yet to be discovered, Mr. Potato." She answered herself, rolling onto her stomach until she fell in front of her mirror where pictures of her father hung. She sighed, "I miss you, Dad."