𝟬𝟮𝟬, when everything go down

( CHAPTER TWENTY )WHEN EVERYTHING GO DOWN

( CHAPTER TWENTY )
WHEN EVERYTHING GO DOWN

          THE EVENTS OF LAST NIGHT still flashed in Eden's eyes as she prepared herself a perfect breakfast for a first victory. It was hard for her to believe that a piece of gold from the Royal Merchant was in the hands of the Pogues. Having always had to fight to succeed in life, and never having everything for free like the Kooks, the Pogues without a goal in life had managed to find a treasure that gave life another chance. The ten-year-old Eden would have been even more joyful than now because of having found gold, but the Eden of now was only happy because her friends would finally be able to have their life dream. Well. . . Let's be clear on something. Their life dream was not to be rich as fuck, but to finally be able to have what they wanted without having to complicate their lives, without having to get three jobs at the same time for eating. Success does not come without having been through hell. They had finally passed that, so now it was time to see the new colors flow over their heads.

          Eden already had a rich life, but not the one she wanted. She lived in the bad rich world. Where money, parties, clothes and reputation were the most important to live. She remained where she hated to be. All these people with a future already planned with their husbands making money, she sent them go fuck themselves. Eden wanted to live the cool life of the rich. When Thomas Perez was alive, he knew how to live rich but actually care about people. He helped, he cared. She wanted to live like that, to help and just not think about her money dripping from her fingers. And she wanted to experience it with the Pogues, not with her family, because they're just selfish people. She wanted to destroy the family she was in. A mother who abuses her daughter, a father presumed dead, a brother who only helps when he feels like it, and a suspicious stepfather. Nothing was worth keeping.

          "Where were you last night?" Yasmina, the mother who abuses her daughter, said while standing in the kitchen hallway with her arms crossed. Eden didn't even bother to answer her, and simply sat at the table with her jam toasts. How dare she speak to her after almost a week without speaking a single word to her. It was arrogant, and hateful as hell. She wished she could yell at her to leave, to say the same words that came out in Midsummers, but nothing came out. "You and John B weren't in your rooms. Where were you, Eden?" She asked with more confidence, and a firm face.

Eden took a bite of her toast, shrugging. She looked up at her for the first time, and that face made her freeze. She thought she was strong enough to stand up to her, but seeing her with that same expression as Midsummers night made her almost want to throw up her toast. So she only decided, with shame inside her, to explain, "We went out to the beach. We came back around midnight."