𝟬𝟬𝟲, old friends, new start

Chapter SixOld Friends, New Start

Chapter Six
Old Friends, New Start

          AS EDEN WALKS ON THE STEPS of the house, her head moved in rhythm to the music that erupted in her eardrums. Her teeth clenched together to hold the rubber band, while her two hands playfully tried to form a ponytail. Eden had the marvelous sight of her dog, Bella, coming towards her while moving her tail in all directions, showing her excitement. She let her rub against her leg as she continued her way towards the kitchen, where she stopped short when she saw a figure that had just ruined her good mood this morning.

While Yasmina was cooking eggs, with a. . . Weird thing on her lips, smiling at the two boys in front of her, Noah hummed things that Eden couldn't hear because of the music that burst loudly in her ears. And the other, the intruder of this house, whom they welcomed so warmly without worrying about Eden's opinion, he just got up to join Yasmina, giving her a venomous kiss on the rosy cheek.

Eden grimaced, rolling her eyes before putting her sunglasses on her nose to hide her gaze from this terrible sight. The chewing gum in her mouth made her tongue click unintentionally, attracting the attention of the three morning birds. They all stared at her, stopping all their actions, as Fred Barrow walked away from the mother, scratching his uneasy forehead.

She frowned. "Are you frozen or what?" She snapped at the attention of the three, causing them to raise their eyebrows in surprise. Eden sent her eyes to the sky, getting ready to leave but her mother's voice quickly burst into her ears, making her stop her music.

"Honey, why don't you come say hi to Fred?" Yasmina said, an orderly look spreading across her face, making her daughter sigh. "Come on." Eden let herself be forced towards the kitchen, not wanting to create a scandal in front of this much too weird man.

Fred stood up, a smile almost frightening Eden. "Glad to—"

Eden got rid of Yasmina's hand wrapped around her waist, going towards the eggs. "Oh my God! I'm so hungry, it's crazy. I could litteraly eat an elephant."

          Fred put his greasy hands in his pockets, nodding his head repeatedly while Eden walked between looking for a plate, taking her omelet, and went to take a still fresh place next to her brother who tried to prevent himself from laughing in front of the small scene of his sister. Eden threw her chewing-gum in the bin next to her, and started eating a little too fast, but she didn't care. She just had a duty to scare away this rather calm intruder.

          "So," She began, her mouth almost full. "Do you like it in our palace?" Noah kicked his sister under the table, giving her big eyes. "What? I just wanna know if he lives well here, otherwise we could make arrangements so that Mr. Barrow is better off. It's only a suggestion. . ." She offered, but all could hear the sarcastic in her high pitched voice.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔, 𝗷𝗼𝗵𝗻 𝗯 𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗹𝘁𝗹𝗲𝗱𝗴𝗲On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara