pti | the royal wedding

Darkness.

All that she felt and sensed and saw was darkness. She was floating in a deep dark sea, trying to reach the surface but getting pulled into nothingness. She fought with the golden chains that pulled her, for seconds, minutes, hours, months and years but finally, she won.

When she reached the surface she took frantic breaths, trying to calm herself down and when she finally was able to do that she realized that she was not in the sea anymore, she was wet, there was water all around her but she was sitting in the darkness, alone.

Till two people came.

The red dragon looked sickened, weak, and mad. He was also standing all alone, not knowing what to do but then she started to hear echoed laughs. A young girl with dark lights around her came into the picture. She was holding a bow and an arrow. She gave them to the dragon and put her hands on his shoulder. Whispered something, golden spiders started to walk on the dragon's body but he didn't realize it. The dragon aimed, and suddenly the bow caught fire. He didn't hesitate and let the arrow go. But there was a mirror in front of her, covered in green seashells, it was big and layered like a tower. Neither the dragon nor the dark light or the golden spiders saw it, the arrow hit the mirror and it shattered around.

In glimpses she saw, the people she knew. The biggest part belonged to a true dragon. He was not compromised, deranged or corrupted like the elder one. He was shining brightly. She saw him in ruins with a fallen star and a young wolf pub, a black bat roaming around them.

Then the scene changed, this time she saw a watchtower, surrounded by blue flowers, rotten and looking weak, ready to drop, before the scene changed she saw a fox head on the top of the tower.

Then she saw the banners, red and gold, marching somewhere, she heard the loud noises and when she looked to the ground she saw golden spiders and a smile of a lion.

Finally, in the last part she saw, there were rubies all around the place. They were part of something big, she thought. There was the young dragon, laying on a field covered up with red rubies that looked like his own blood and she saw a yellow stag, which looked bigger and more powerful than the dragon himself. He is going to kill him, she thought again but before she could see what happened the glass hit the floor and the last thing she saw was the field becoming greener.

There were people around her suddenly, they were coming and going, watching the scene intensely, she didn't know any of them.

Then she looked up and saw the old dragon finally covered up with darkness and spiders all over him. She couldn't see the dragon he was anymore, only a shadow of the man he used to be.

But she saw where the arrow went.

A queen, she saw, looked majestic and ethereal, laid in a bed of sins. She had a smile on her lips but her eyes were closed. Nobody moved and the arrow hit the queen's bed. It burned and burned, nobody even blink. But everybody laughed.

Then she saw the young dragon again, wearing all black. Looking oh so handsome, so strong, powerful, not like when he was laying on the ground. He had an intense look in his eyes, he was directly looking at the shadow, unlike the people around them. They were oblivious, and choose not to see, nobody looked at the shadow, but they all watched the young dragon walking sternly and angrily. She heard her scream and a lot of others, they were so high that it hurt her ears. The voices were warning him.

Don't go. Don't do this. Don't trust him. Don't believe him.

But the young dragon walked nevertheless, he opened his arms and a sad smile formed upon his lips. He was ready for the arrow to hit and burn him. But then a baby's cry filled the room, it caused the prince to hesitate and turn around, and the arrow only hit him on his back, on his shoulder. It could've killed him, but he survived, stumbled but didn't fall. She sensed the shadow's annoyance.

This time she saw herself. Shaking and looking scared. Holding the hands of a girl and a baby boy on her chest. Nobody smiled this time. They all were looking at her and she was walking. Not showing her fear, masking it. The arrow was coming at her but she kept walking. Seahorses were coming behind. Pushing her to walk with their tridents. She saw the upcoming arrow, she closed her eyes, were ready for the end but then she saw a sharp noise. Belonged to a sword. When she opened her eyes she saw the dawn that bring light all around the place. Destroying the crowd, hurting the shadow and scaring the spiders.

She couldn't see the man's face but she saw the old dragon again. Looking more like a man this time, more healthy and saner, survived all those spiders and shadows. He looked like he can see the world again and she slowly watched him realize what he had done. But it was too late.

The bringer of light was adamant when he walked towards the old dragon, looked him in the eye and she realized the dragon was welcoming death like an old friend. A thankful smile forged on his lips and a golden knight in a white cloak put his sword to his heart.

In the heat of the night with a knock on her door, Elia Martell had woken up from her dream to read the letter Ashara had brought to her.

That announces her betrothal to the Crown Prince, Rhaegar Targaryen.