the shadow of doubt

"i desire very little but the things i do, consume me"

281 AC, the ship Vējes at the Narrow Sea

She was sitting in her own cabin when the door opened and her maid entered. She tried not to grimace, the stormy weather was hurting her stomach, making her mood to sour. She had many things to do but the pain she felt forced her to sleep almost the entire day. She was praying for the journey to end.

"Nyke maghatan aōha havor, dārilaros.", the maid tried to smile at her, she too was very affected by the horrifying waves. I brought your food, princess.

"Iksan daor iā dārilaros.", she rolled her eyes -which made her want to vomit. I am not a princess, she did not understand why it was this hard to understand. "Daor dombo.", not anymore. When the girl's face fell and put the tray, shook her head with distaste. "Skori kessa bisa mōris? Iksan ēdrugī, issa hae iā mundari."

When will this end? I am tired, it is like a misery.

"Emi mēre tolī tubis ēva īlon māzigon naejot se tēgembōñ. Kesi umbagon konīr ēva se jelmāzma ends se pār kessa jikagon naejot Brāvos.", we have one more day until we reach to the island. We will stay there until the storm ends and then will go to Braavos. Then she seemed hesitant for a second and sent a small glance to the door. "Nyke ryptan skori īlis talking. Se Ribazmoqittys Dārys ēdas nābēmatan zȳhon ondos tolī ziry married zȳhon tala. Kesrio syt hen zirȳla, Vesteros iksis daor Brāvos' raqiros. Sīr ziry would sagon sȳrkta lo gaomi daor ivestragon qilōni iksi, naejot mīsagon jemēla."

I heard when they were talking. The mad king had fired his Hand after he married his daughter. Because of him, Westeros is not Braavos' friend. So it would be better if we do not tell who we are, to protect ourselves.

"Skorkydoso kostagon mēre vala mōris jēdri uēpa ȳdragon? Iksis se dārys hen andals bisa nākostōbā?", how can one man end centuries-long relations? Is the King of the Andals this weak?

"Vestrasis se dārys's tresy iksin daor biare lēda bisa. Bona konīr issi perzyssy isse zȳhon laesi. Daorys dares naejot jurnegon rȳ zirȳla. Pōnta pendagon kessa mazverdagon lyks."

They say the king's son was not happy with this. They say there are flames in his eyes. No one dares to look at him. They think he will make peace.

She couldn't help but chuckle mockingly to this. "Skoro syt? Issi konīr iā azantyr hen laesdaor va se dārilaros? Issi zȳhon ābrar issi laesdaor hae sȳrī?"

Why? Is there an army of the blind near the prince? Are his women blind as well?

When her maid nodded with widened eyes, she chuckled once more as she reached out to one of the olives and shook her head. This had amused her.

"Issa iā zaldrīzes, riña. Pōnta mirre issi.", he is a dragon lady, they all are.

"Zaldrīzoti issi morghe, Elfrea. Pōnta morghūltan iā bōsa jēda ago. Nēdenka vali ossēntan zirȳ.", she let out a soft snort. Targaryens were nothing in Old Valyria as they were nothing now as well, ever since they lost their dragons. Dragons are dead, Elfrea. They died a long time ago. Brave men killed them.

"Shijetra nyke yn iksā pirta, riña. Nēdenka vali gōntan daor ossēnagon zirȳ, nēdenka vali rode zirȳ. Se issi pōja riñar.", forgive me but you are wrong, lady. Brave men did not kill them, brave men rode them. And they are their children.

She only made a hand gesture to her while sending her a look. She did not like when people questioned her words. Elfrea made a small curtsy and left the cabin to let her eat in peace.