the winter roses

"fine, make me your villain"

281 AC, Harrenhal

Hours before the incident...

He woke up with a heaviness on top of him, wrapped around his waist and reached to his chest. Mockingbirds were singing outside, flashes of light were bothering him for they come directly to his eyes and while the sweet breeze of the false sprin touched to his bare chest, he could not felt the cold because of whatever was holding him.

With a groan, he opened his eyes. His sight was blurry so he closed it tight shut, the room was just too light for his liking and he threw his unused arm over his eyes to cover it and sighed. His other arm was on top of something that was not his body and not understanding what it was, he moved his hand and it tangled to something, he grimaced but did not open his eyes when he realized what he was touching.

"Arthur my darling, if you don't want to brush my hair yourself, stop moving.", he could her lips moving because she buried her face to in between his ribcage.

Elia.

His left arm was wrapped around her upper body, her arm was hugging him tightly while her other arm was under the arm. But the thing on his body was too heavy to belong to Elia.

"Arthur, stop messing with my wife's hair or I'll swear to the Seven, I'll make you brush it."

Rhaegar's own groaning tone filled their ears and he made a motion to turn his back so the heaviness on Arthur disappeared. It seemed he was cuddling both Elia and therefore Arthur but with a deep breath, he turned to his other side and tucked his hands below the pillow.

Elia had wild curls sometimes that were so very hard to tame.

With Rhaegar turning to his back, Elia snuggled to Arthur even further and he finally managed to open his eyes and sent a look to Elia, only to find her already looking at him with a sleep smile. "Why are you here?", he normally would use a kinder tone but his brain was barely awake due to all the stress and alcohol entered to his body last night.

"This is my bed, my love.", her smile grew. "You are the outsider, I'm afraid."

"This is Rhaegar's bed.", he couldn't think of a wiser comeback, she was not there when he fell asleep.

"Still,", she pressed her hands to his chest and lifted herself up, leaned down and placed a kiss to the corner of his lips. "you are the outsider.", her nose nuzzled his unshaven beard -nothing more, just a few days worth. He kept it because Atera enjoyed it. "Good morning.", she said in a melodic way and pressed another kiss to his cheek.

"You truly should be kissing your husband.", Arthur jested. "He is untolerable when he is jealous."

"Then perhaps he should have not brought another man to our bed. It is unfair for him to keep you to himself when the pleasure can be mutual.", she chuckled towards his skin and placed another kiss to the corner of his jaw and let out a small scream mixed with laughter when Rhaegar wrapped his arms around her waist carefully and pulled her to his side, made her lay to her back without hurting the baby and pressed his back to Arthur's arm. "Husband.", she glowed.

Rhaegar was too tired to answer so he just let out a loving groan and, while being careful of the babies, he hugged her completely, placed his head to the place between her neck and shoulder. "You should not be talking with losers."

"Hah!", Arthur snorted loudly and Rhaegar smiled to Elia's neck. "We'll see about that."

"Sorry Arthur but I have to support my husband on this matter.", she said as she admired the muscles on his back as he stood up from the bed and rubbed his face. "I am truly excited about my crown."