the princess

"dance with the waves, move with the sea, let the rhythm of the water set your soul free"

279 AC, Oldtown

"My lady, Lady Rhea wishes to see you."

"Let her in.", Atera said with a sigh.

It was early morning and she was getting ready for the day. Her maids had braided her hair to her back rather loosely. She was still wearing cream-coloured night gown which had gold embodiments on its writes and neck. On top of that she had wore a brown long-sleeved long vest that had the same gold embodiements on its clevage. She was wearing a gold belt where the vest departed into two. Her long sleeves were closed on her arm but then they fell loosely after her elbow. She wore a simple triangle-figured gold necklace with a small emerald on the middle of it and matching middle-sized earrings. She was wearing a rather big circlet that covered her forehead when Rhea entered.

Atera was dressed rather simple but still was looking more beautiful than everyone in Oldtown. Rhea on the other hand had wore a scarlet red gown and a dark red vest over it with black embodiments, it had ruby bottons on the top of it and unlike Atera's vest, it didn't fell into two pieces and stood together. She was wearing long black diamond earrings and a matching necklace. Her raven hair was in a shape of a braided half updo and she was wearing only a small golden chain with small rubies as a headpiece.

"My lady.", Rhea curtsied to her though she hated. "Good morning."

"Good morning Rhea.", Atera had adjust her circlet and turned to her sister by law. "How are you? I hope you slept well last night."

"I did, thank you. I came here to ask you a question; tonight I had organized a small dinner with the high-born ladies that also funds a few of my charities here. I was wondering if you would like to join me?"

"How lovely that you spend most of your time with charities.", Atera offered her one of her charming smiles and she squeezed her arm. "You thought well, I would love to come. Ever since I left, Malora was taking care of my charities -the orphanage and such. But I had heard she hadn't visit them personally -not that I expected her to do. It would be niece to join to this dinner and use it as a step to star all over again and build trust between me and the other ladies."

"People have grown to know me wrong, my lady. I had been represented as such deliberately. Even you mistook me for the rumours you had heard -Alerie continues in her prejudice. But I am going to prove everyone wrong."

"The tree that bears fruit will be stoned.", Atera shook her head. "But you mustn't let them affect your judgement and good heart. If you would be true to yourself, everyone would see the true from of you."

"I will inform you tonight then.", but before she left the room, she had turned to her again. "Oh, and, Leyton wishes to have a word with you at noon."

"Does he now?", Atera raised an eyebrow. They haven't see each other yet ever since she first arrived. It seems that Leyton finally had the courage to speak with her. "Thank you for informing me, I'll be there."

Rhea flashed one last smile to her and left the room. Atera's smiled faded as quickly as possible and her maids giggled.

Adelaide was a girl of five and ten, her mother had been working in the kitchen for almost three decades now. Atera liked the women enough to take her to her household. She was the newest and the sweetest. She had long dark blonde hair that fell to her waist like an undisturbed river and her blue eyes always shone with mischief. She had born inside of the castle so she knew it like the back of her hand. Atera had left her here when she left for Arbor, with her mother, now it felt good to have a source to learn everything that happened when she was gone.