the death of a queen

"he remembered who he was and the game changed"

Eleventh moon of 280 AC, King's Landing

Four hundred and ninety-two steps.

There were four hundred and ninety-two steps until one reached to the council room from the sparring yard and Gerold counted every step.

He walked with firm and quick steps, he was aware that the useless nobles in the halls were looking at him and whispering behind the stone columns, thinking he did not notice them. He was feeling that so-called Targaryen madness in his veins ever since he heard of the news. One of his squires went to him with a red face and a tensed nature, gave him a letter he had sneaked from the Grand Maester's rooms.

Apparently his niece murdered his nephew.

The moment they saw him, the Targaryen guards in front of the room crossed their spears. One was brave enough to speak. "Forgive us, Ser Gerold but the king had ordered clearly that you are not allowed to enter this session. This is a private council."

Gerold pulled up the small dagger in his sleeves and put it to his throat. The other was apparently braver than the other, dared to put a hand on his sword but stopped after seeing Gerold's death glare. They had no choice but to open the doors. "I can burn down the whole realm when it comes to my family.", he said with a cold tone. "Do not ever test me again."

When he entered, his anger increased due to hearing Lucerys' yell. "I do appreciate your concern, your grace but maybe instead of talking who tried to kill who -because Gods knows I do not care about Leyton at all, we must talk about assuring the safe return of my grandson."

Aerys was listening to him with a deep scowl so he did not noticed him. Varys and the rest were too busy watching the way Lucerys acted like a mad dog but Tywin did notice him and his tensed face crossed with a scowl, identical to Aerys'.

"Leyton might die for all I care and Atera seems to be as psychopath as her mother-"

"Enough!", Aerys yelled with a red face, he was sick of listening Lucerys but then he stood up with fury, when he saw Gerold's approaching figure. "How dare you cross my word and come here, Ser?"

Gerold then realized that he was not mad. Because if he were, he would kill everyone in the room due to the growing rage inside of him. And he would start with Aerys. Instead he spoke with a frozen tone. "I am the uncle of the girl you accuse mistakenly. I am the unlce of the man who is suffering in his home. I have more right than any men to be here."

"Get out now, Gerold, or else!", his lips were a thin line. "Guards!"

But Gerold did not care and sat down to his usual spot, right across Lucerys who was looking at him with hawk-like, terrorized eyes. "My dear, cousin,", he began to speak with a shock. "have you lost your wits just like that niece of yours?", Gerold rose his chin and Tywin seemed like he was going to try and stop Gerold physically if he would made an attempt to beat Lucerys. "How can ou sit here like this when the king gave you-"

"My dear cousin,", he gritted his teeth and leaned forward, he was feeling like he was going to die because of anger. "did you know that the number of soldier my nephew can raise quintuples the number of soldiers you can.", then he leaned back under the cold gaze of other members. "I believe this is such an interesting number."

"Are you threatening the council, Ser?", Varys almost hissed with pleasure. "This is high treason and punishable by death."

"I do not waste my time with threating individuals.", he spat, looking directly into Varys' rat-like eyes. "I do what I told."