the fool moon

"I didn't want to fall in love, not at all. but at some point you smiled and i knew it"

First moon of 280 AC, King's Landing

"You made a horrible mistake.", Rhaelle entered to her husband's chambers a week after Rhaegar and Elia sailed to their new home. "One that you can never take it back."

Aerys was watching the see with unfocused eyes. "Is that so?"

"You alienated your own son, humiliated your own daughter-in-law. I just wonder; with whose words?", she looked at him with disappointment. "Tywin or Varys?"

"Should I remind you again who I am?", he turned to her with a glimmer in his eyes that she knew all too well. "The king, your husband. I am not making decisions based on the opinions of others, do not mistake me for yourself."

"How could I?", she unintentionally let out a small laugh. "I did my duty to our son, you did not."

Aerys approached her. "My dear wife, are you upset because our son had left home or is there another reason for your presence in here?", he stood in front of her. "You haven't been in my rooms for a while now."

Rhaella forced herself to have a calm expression. "I merely came here as a worried mother, nothing more, my king. I was fearing that these last incidents may have hurt our son more than they should.", she tried to look sincere. "I am just hoping your actions were not against him, as an insult."

Aerys looked confused but Rhaella knew it was an act. "And what happens if it was an insult?", he asked and she shivered. "What if I did it deliberately as an act against him? Then what?", he leaned to her. "What will you do?"

"Humbly beg for you to remember that he is your son and heir.", she was still standing with elegance but the fear had covered her whole. "Pray to the Seven that whoever is ...telling you lies about him gets caught, nothing more."

"People are telling me other things as well.", Aerys almost whispered to her face and she tried too hard not to grimace. "Things that I am not sure if they are a lie or not."

Rhaella's heart was beating fast and she felt the urgent need to hold somewhere before she collapses but she had to stay strong, any sign of weakness would sign her own death warrant. "I have no idea what you are suggesting, husband."

"You better not.", he raised his chin. "I have warned you before that a second warning will not come, Rhaella. Whatever you plan with your little brain, know that it will fail and the next time you even think of attempting such a thing, I will choke you to death myself."

"Aerys,", she swallowed. "whatever lies you had been told, I am not sure, but I am busying myself with Viserys and with him only. I only wanted an audience because I am worried about Rhaegar's feelings. There was no need to hurt him like this."

Something snapped in Aerys' face and he swiftly raised his hand, Rhaella tried not to flinch and not to let out a whimper when his hand hold her face strong enough to leave bruises afterwards. "Do not concern yourself with things that are none of your business. Do not try to get in between me and my son."

"I only want to-"

"Who cares what you want?", he tightened his grip. "Rhaegar is my son, if you don't go and whisper into his ear, we will be fine."

"I would never-"

"You can fool everyone with this sweet act of yours. Pretending to be innocent, weak, playing the victim...", his face darkened with hatred. "But we both know what kind of a lying, scheming bitch you truly are. If you do even so little of thinking of poisoning my son against me, I will make a spectacle of you. Is that understood?", Rhaella did not answer and he tightened her hold even more and spat. "I asked you a question?"