ptii | the florent revolt

Silence.

Darkness.

Nothingness.

Darkness.

Silence.

Hummingbirds.

The light sneaks out from the closed windows.

Sweet winter wind.

The cracks of the burning wood.

The fire that's surrounding her.

She opened her eyes and look at the wide ceiling for a few seconds.

Then closed her eyes again.

She used to see dreams.

Dreams of ancient times, dreams of runes and magic, dreams of powerful women and cunning men, dreams of a high tower, dreams of dragons, dreams of an endless summer and the dreams of a very long night.

She had heard a song once, she did not remember when. Maybe thousands of years ago maybe a mere minute, or maybe she did not even hear it yet.

She did not remember where she heard it either. Maybe in her dreams or maybe in her head. It was a sacred song that shouldn't be heard.

She heard her own voice in the depths of the sea while she was covered in darkness.

She could be sleeping for an eternity, peacefully, at the bottom of the sea. Like the Valyrians of the Old did before they had the fire of the dragons.

She remembered how she let the sea fill up her lungs.

She remembered how she was ready to take her last breath.

But she was still there, still alive, still fighting.

Because she couldn't even manage to die.

*

"Lies!", she screamed while frantically walking towards them.

Two guards acted quickly and caught her. She was yelling and screaming, cursing the Gods and the men who dare to blame her. Her tiara fell to the ground, the sapphires shone under the sunlight, her clasps that were holding her braids got broken and fell to the ground while her hair fell to her shoulders.

"They all are lies, and you all know it! This is all your game, your whispers, none of it is true!", her eyes were teary and red as her face blushed because of anger and panic, red dots started to appear on her neck and she was trying not to cry. "Let's all be honest,", she said finally, looking directly into the High Septon's eyes. "This isn't about the 'crimes' that I had committed, this is all happening because I am a woman. A woman in power, that is your issue."

"A woman is weak by nature therefore cannot possess power.", the High Septon answered with his sly smirk. The line sounded terribly similar to Atera. "If you go against the laws of nature, you must be prepared for every possible outcome. And here is yours, you will go down and many others did before you.", he stopped for a second, evilness covering his facial expressions. "As you know well."

A realization crossed her face. She smiled bitterly. "I am not my mother.", she pressed every word and watched the way the man's face got darkened with each of them. "I will not go down quietly.", she continued, taking a step forward. "It is not that easy!", she yelled and then pushed the guards while screaming at the top of her lungs. "Let me go!", the scream was so loud and wild that the guards let her go in a panic. "I can walk myself.", she said to the High Septon and looked into his eyes with the promise of vengeance in hers.